One of Europe's least traveled destinations, Slovenia's fjord-like lakes, thundering waterfalls, rolling wine country and spectacular Julian Alps are begging to be explored.
- Explore the 1,000 year old Skofja Loka, considered one of Slovenia's most beautifully preserved medieval towns
- Paddle around the 15th century church perched on an island in the midst of Bend Lake and sip aperitifs on the terrace of the fairytle Bled Castle
- Bike to the town of Kransjka Gora (home to the Alpine Skiing World Cup) pausing to snap photographs of the surrounding Karavanke Mountains
- Retrace the footsteps of the soldiers who fought in the Battle of Coporetto on a visit to the WWI Musuem in Kobarid
- Raise a glass of the local ruby-red wine as you kick back in the comfort of your hotel overlooking the unspoiled mountain enclave of the Julian Alps
Photo: Julian Alps
The guides were outstanding. The restaurants were fabulous. The bikes were great. The scenery was like a beautiful fairytale. In one word - fabulous.
David Miller La Porte, IN
6 days/5 nights
Ljubljana, Slovenia (LJU)
Day 1: Bled
Day 2: Bled
Day 3: Kransjka Gora
Day 4: Kobarid
Day 5: Gorizia
Day 6: departure
A short, lakeside walk from the center of town, the Villa Bled (once a Presidential home) offers four-star luxury along with warm hospitality and timeless elegance.
Night 3: Grand Hotel Prisank
A contemporary, refined hotel in the heart of Kransjka Gora, rooms at the Prisank boast spectacular views of the surrounding Alps.
The owners of the Hvala are renowned for their hospitality. Choose from a fine selection of local wines and seafood at the Hvala’s restaurant.
During the first half of the 19th century, the Strassoldo Palace housed the last of France’s royal dignitaries. Today the Palace has been renovated to the Grand Hotel Entourage, and is known for its sophistication and timeless style.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 6 days/5 nights
- Next Departure: Jun 01, 2014
- From $3,298 / person
- ($480 single supplement)