From the 360-degree views atop Table Mountain in Cape Town, to the spectacular wines of Stellenbosch, to the Big Five sightings on Sabi Sabi Private Reserve, enjoy a taste of all that South Africa has to offer.
• Ride a tram up Table Mountain for spectacular 3,400-foot panoramas of Cape Town
• Visit Nelson Mandela’s prison cell on Robben Island and walk the streets of a thriving local township
• Pedal from Stellenbosch to rolling wine country, with time to stop for a tasting along the way
• Kayak with African penguins and float an arm’s length from a 50-ton Southern Right Whale
• Ride horseback through coastal forests of fynbos, Africa’s unique vegetation
• Explore Sabi Sabi Private Reserve in Kruger National Park by open vehicle or bush walk, on the hunt for giraffe, zebra, lion, wildebeest, hippo, and rhino
• Savor a plate of fresh-off-the-boat seafood and a glass of award-winning Nederburg wine in the comfort of your upscale guesthouse or nature based lodge
Photo: Lion in tall grass
Our trip to South Africa far exceeded our expectations. This was our best trip by far. Country was beautiful - tour selection was premium.
The Childers Family Benton, IL
11 days/10 nights
Johannesburg, South Africa / Cape Town, South Africa
Day 1: Arrival in Cape Town late in the day
Day 2: Table Mountain cable/hike Lion's Head/Cape Town city tour
Day 3: Robben Island/cultural township tour
Day 4: Bike Cake Point Nature Reserve/kayak with African penguins
Day 5: Biking in Stellenbosch/wine tasting and cellar tours
Day 6: Grootbos Nature Reserve/Walker Bay Marine cruise
Day 7: Cape Town/Johannesburg/Kruger National Park
Day 8: Sabi Sabi Private Reserve 4WD and walking wildlife safari
Day 9: Raft the Sabi River/4-wheeling
Day 10: Sabi Sabi Private Reserve game drives
Day 11: Morning safari/Johannesburg (departure)
Nights 1 - 4: Bella Tramonto, Cape Town
A place of beauty and elegance, of unspoiled views and sights, of pleasure and delight of heart and mind, Bella Tramonto meets every need, fulfills every desire and exceeds every expectation. With beauty and luxury, it is widely regarded as Cape Town’s most luxurious beachfront guest house. Bella Tramonto offers a selection of superior suites with en suite marble bathrooms, DSTV and Mini Bar.
Grootbos Nature Reserve conserves 1,700 hectares of pristine vegetation, and is home to more than 650 species of indigenous plants. This lodge is set in a lush indigenous canopy that provides privacy and a feeling of complete submersion in the natural environment.
This safari lodge offers luxury accommodations, warm and effortless hospitality and unparalleled intimacy and seclusion. Each suite has a private viewing deck overlooking the riverbed, and is decorated in contemporary African design, complete with luxury furnishings, a full private bathroom, and indoor and outdoor showers.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 11 days/10 nights
- Next Departure: Aug 26, 2014
- From $6,998 / person
- ($580 single supplement)