Soak up the friendship and expertise of homegrown guides on this exciting family-friendly adventure that begins in the thriving metropolis of Cape Town and ends in the heart of the South African bush.
• Ride a tram up Table Mountain for spectacular 3,400-foot views of Cape Town
• Walk the “Boomslang” treetop gangway in the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
• Meet the denizens of the deep on a trip to Two Oceans Aquarium, while parents visit Nelson Mandela’s prison cell on Robben Island
• Cycle Cape Point Nature Reserve and kayak from Simonstown Harbor to Boulder’s Beach alongside a colony of African Penguins
• Break for a picnic between visits to Butterfly World and a Cheetah Outreach Program
• Saddle up for a family horseback ride through coastal forests of African fynbos
• Spend three days in the bush exploring by 4x4, foot, and horseback, on the hunt for giraffes, zebras, lions, wildebeest, and rhinos
Photo: Cape Town
Our trip to South Africa far exceeded our expectations. This was our best trip by far. Country was beautiful - tour selection was premium.
The Childers Family Benton, IL
11 days/10 nights
Cape Town, South Africa/Johannesburg, South Africa
Day 1: Cape Town
Day 2: Cape Town
Day 3: Cape Town
Day 4: Cape Point Nature Reserve
Day 5: Stellenbosch/Grootbos
Day 6: Dyer Island/Grootbos
Day 7: Waterberg
Day 8: Waterberg
Day 9: Welgevonden
Day 10: Welgevonden
Day 11: Johannesburg
An extremely welcoming, luxury hotel set in the heart of the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront in Cape Town's harbor. A classic landmark on the V&A Waterfront, the magnificent four-star Victoria & Alfred Hotel is conveniently positioned in Cape Town city center, spectacularly overlooking the Table Mountain. This contemporary hotel offers a variety of facilities and amenities for a memorable stay, including a waterfront outdoor veranda, a swimming pool set amidst lush private gardens and its own OYO Restaurant specializing in delicious local cuisine with a live evening entertainment program.
Nestled between mountain and sea, the Grootbos Private Nature Reserve is a five-star eco-paradise showcasing the incredible Flora and Marine life of the Southern Tip of Africa. Home of the “Marine Big 5” – whales, sharks, dolphins, seals, and penguins; and with unparalleled floral diversity, Grootbos offers you a one-of-a-kind luxury African experience.
Nights 7 & 8: Ant’s Nest
Lying in a natural amphitheater with wide verandahs, the original homestead has a classic, relaxed, African atmosphere. A wide variety of game frequents the waterhole in front of the bush with where horses and dogs abound. The luxurious lodge has a 15 meter heated swimming pool in the garden, ideal for those needing some exercise or for purely cooling off after and active day.
The beautiful Pitse Lodge sits in the wilderness of the majestic Waterberg Mountains of South Africa’s Limpopo Province. Pitse Lodge is located in a malaria free, “Big Five” Welgevonden Game Reserve providing guests with comfortable accommodation in five stone and thatch chalets. Buffalo, elephant, leopard, lion, and rhino, among others can be observed from the lodge or on adventurous game drives.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 11 days/10 nights
- Next Departure: Jun 29, 2014
- From $6,998 / person
- ($580 single supplement) Children: $5,998
- Mar 30 2014
- Jun 29 2014
- Jul 07 2014
- Aug 10 2014