Retrace the footsteps of Picasso, Dalí, and Miró as you pedal your way from the Pyrenees Mountains to the Mediterranean shore of the Costa Brava, soaking up Catalonia's rich artistic legacy, spectacular scenery, and fabulous food along the way.
- Cycle the gentle Via Verde in the Pyrenees en route to the Romanesque Benedictine Monastery of Santa Maria
- Bike fertile fields to the bay-side town of Sant Feliu de Guixols on the Costa Brava
- Visit the mansion Salvador Dalí bought and decorated for his wife, Gala in Púbol
- Sample tapas and local cava in Sant Sadurni d'Anoia
- Bike the secluded Via Verde to Anglès, the ‘city of a thousand sieges’
- Pedal postcard-perfect wine country, pausing at Sant Marti Sarroca church for a picnic lunch overlooking the village below
- Relax on a castle terrace before enjoying a traditional Catalan feast at the Hotel Castell d’Empordà
Photo: Woman biking
Our tour was incredibly well-organized with a team of guides who were truly, unbelievably great.
New York, NY
8 days/ 7 nights
Barcelona, Spain (BCE)
- Day 1: Olot
- Day 2: Girona
- Day 3: Girona
- Day 4: La Bisbal d'Empordà
- Day 5: La Bisbal d'Empordà
- Day 6: Vilafranca del Penedès
- Day 7: Vilafranca del Penedès
- Day 8: Barcelona
A modern hotel within walking distance of the historic town center, with nice views of the surrounding mountains and volcanic hills. The Hotel Riu Olot is located in Olot-Girona, surrounded by mountains, sensational valleys and panoramic views. Just 5 minutes from the national park of the volcanic region of Garrotxa and only 3 minutes from the city center, this hotel is the ideal place for enjoying nature and calmness, not to mention the hotel’s excellent quality and service.
Centrally located in the commercial part of town, this hotel is perfect for exploring this medieval town center across the river and the famous landmarks including the Walls of Girona, Fira de Girona, and the Castle of Montjuic. Modern, yet comfortable, this four-star hotel is an outstanding choice for those visiting the historically rich, charming town of Girona.
h4>Nights 5 & 6: Hotel Castell d’Empordà
This medieval castle with modern additions is surrounded by a park. The Castell d’Empordà is now a luxurious four-star hotel fully satisfying all the requirements of the 21st century. Comfortable, tastefully decorated rooms. Amenities include a gourmet restaurant, an outdoor swimming pool, and terraces.
Located in the historic town center of Vilafranca, this boutique hotel is housed in a majestic building dating to 1884. It boasts modern-design rooms with top-quality furniture and state-of-the-art bath rooms.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 8 days/ 7 nights
- Next Departure: Sep 21, 2014
- From $3,998 / person
- ($580 single supplement)