- 1. The history: The Iberians, Phoenicians, Greeks, Romans, Visigoths, Celts, Basques and the Moors have all made their mark on what is now Spain. Come discover the many contributions of these cultures!
- 2. The explorers: The first European men to see California, Antarctica, the Pacific Ocean and to circumnavigate the globe were all Spaniards. But did you know? Christopher Columbus was not only not the first European to land on the Americas (Leif Ericson), he also wasnâ€™t a Spaniard (Italian, though commissioned by the Queen of Spain)!
- 3. Botany galore: Spain boasts one of the most diverse plant populations in Europe. During the last ice age, most of Europe was covered in glaciers but Spain was far enough south to avoid the ice so many plant species that were wiped out elsewhere, survived.
- 4. The arts: From Dali to Gaudi, enjoy discovering the many surrealistic, imaginative styles of art that this Mediterranean climate has encouraged over the centuries.
- 5. In-the-field expertise: From spinning fascinating regional interpretation to orchestrating seamless group dynamics, our guides keep their eyes on the details, ensuring that the toughest part of your vacation truly is going home.
Travel + Leisure
World's Best Awards
Top Tour Operator and Safari Outfitter for Families