Hike, bike, kayak, and snorkel from the Pyrenees Mountains to the blue-green coves of the Costa Brava on this weeklong adventure in northeast Spain, a region renowned for its unique history, spectacular scenery, and artistic legacy.
- Kayak a reservoir in the Ter River basin, where the village of San Roman de Sau once stood
- Walk the foothills of Rupit for jaw-dropping panoramas of the Pyrenees Mountains
- Sip cava and take in a splendid bird's eye view on an optional hot air balloon ride over Olot
- Paddle in the wake of 1992 Olympian rowers on Lake Banyoles
- Hike between lava cones and lush vegetation in a natural volcanic park
- Bike the secluded Via Verde to Anglès, the ‘city of a thousand sieges’
- Snorkel a marine life-rich archipelago on the Costa Brava
- Relax on a castle terrace before enjoying a traditional Catalan feast at the Hotel Castell d’Empordà
Photo: Biking tour
Our tour was incredibly well-organized with a team of guides who were truly, unbelievably great.
New York, NY
7 days/ 6 nights
Barcelona, Spain (BCE)
- Day 1: Olot
- Day 2: Olot
- Day 3: Girona
- Day 4: Girona
- Day 5: La Bisbal d’Empordà
- Day 6: La Bisbal d’Empordà
- Day 7: Barcelona
A modern hotel within walking distance of the historic town center, with nice views of the surrounding mountains and volcanic hills.
Centrally located in the commercial part of town, and perfect for exploring this medieval town center across the river. Modern with comfortable rooms, the restaurant features interesting fusion cuisine.
This medieval castle with modern additions is surrounded by a park. The Castell d’Empordà is now a luxurious four-star hotel fully satisfying all the requirements of the 21st century. Comfortable, tastefully decorated rooms. Amenities include a gourmet restaurant, an outdoor swimming pool, and terraces.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 7 days/ 6 nights
- Next Departure: Sep 28, 2014
- From $3,998 / person
- ($580 single supplement)