Explore from the Straight of Dardanelles to the ancient ruins of Ephesus, soaking up west Turkey’s culture, cuisine, and ancient cities on this weeklong custom Aegean adventure.
- Hike along Dardanelles, the strait connecting the Aegean Sea to the Marmara Sea, to the legendary city of Troy
- Soak up a spectacular sunset, and views of Lesbos Island, from the Temple of Athena while sipping a Turkish wine
- Climb to the Acropolis of Pergamon in Bergama, where marbled streets and remnants of columns paint a picture of one of the world’s earliest and greatest medical centers
- Marvel at the 1st century BC Roman ruins at Ephesus, once one of the largest cities in the Mediterranean, home to Basilica of St. John and the Temple of Artemis, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world
- Sample Turkish olive oil at a 6th century BC olive press – the oldest in the world
- Unwind in the charming harbor town of Alacati, where narrow cobblestone streets, friendly locals, fabulous fare, and a slow pace of life offer the quintessential Turkish retreat
Photo: Ephesus, Turkey
This was one of the best trips I have ever taken!
Cindy Ris-Zanca Ramsey, NJ
7 days/6 nights
Istanbul, Turkey (IST) and Izmir, Turkey (IZM)
Day 1: Istanbul, Bozcaada
Day 2: Assos, Troy
Day 3: Ayvalik, Kucukkuyu, Adatepe, Bergama
Day 4: Ephesus
Day 5: Urla, Alcati
Day 6: Alcati
Day 7: Alcati, Istanbul
Located right on the beach on Bozcaada Island, this boutique hotel boasts beautiful, airy rooms and is renowned for its delicious and locally-inspired "peasant" breakfast. From Kaikias Beach, at the end of the day, you can enjoy a beer, or a glass of local wine, and spectacular views of the Bozcaada Castle.
Night 2: Assos Nazlihan Hotel
The Assos Nazlihan Hotel is located right on the Assos harbor. The hotel offers modern rooms, a private beach, and a full spa. While staying at the Assos Nazlihan Hotel, relax in the Turkish baths, enjoy a massage, or take a dip in the spas pool.
Night 3: Les Pergamon Boutique Hotel
Originally a boys primary school, the Pergamon has since been renovated into a unique boutique hotel. The high ceilings and spacious rooms are modernly decorated, and offer a great place to relax at the end of a long day.
Considered one of Turkey's finest hotels, the Nisanyan House Hotel offers its guests beauty, peace, and elegance. It is set in a remote village, only ten minutes from Ephesus, and started from of the villages historic houses.
Nights 5 & 6: Imren Han Hotel
This charming 35-room boutique hotel, located on top of the only small hill in Alacati, looks over the whole town. A stone building with authentic decoration, a swimming pool, and great breakfasts on the view terrace will make you never want to leave!
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 7 days/6 nights
- Next Departure: Call (800) 575-1540
- Call 800.575.1540 for information and availability.