Finally, the chance to soak up the culture of Cuba! Mingle with friendly locals, explore time-warped colonial villages, and discover the fascinating histories of Havana, Viñales and Mantanzas on this eight-day Cuban adventure.
- Meet in Miami for a one-hour charter flight to Havana and enjoy a tour of the city, including a visit to the famous Plaza de la Revolución, Old Havanna and lunch at Ambos Mundos, the hotel where Hemingway wrote some of his more renowned novels
- Learn about Cuba's 'Green Revolution' on a visit to an organic urban agricultural in Alamar
- Visit the Flores district to explore the Casa-Estudio de Fuster, the studio-home of José Fuster, coined the ‘Picasso of the Caribbean’
- Drive through the province of Pinar del Río to Finca Pinar San Luís, the private finca of the late and legendary tobacco farmer and Cuban cigar ‘ambassador,’ Alejandro Robaina
- Travel east to Mantanzas, known as the “Venice of Cuba” for its beautiful bridges, and enjoy a specially arranged visit to the 1879 Troillet Pharmacy, now a pristine museum privately owned by a member of the Troillet family
Photo: Classic cars in Cuba
I'm convinced that the best way to get off the tourist path and behind the scenes where the real Cuba exists is on a small group people-to-people adventure with Austin Adventures. I was curious before the trip, now I'm totally fascinated by the people, enchanted by the country and itching to go back!
Dave Wiggins Boulder, Colorado
8 days/ 7 nights
Located in the center of Havana, near the Malecón, this modern and well-equipped hotel has comfortable furniture and all the modern conveniences you desire. Known for its outstanding service, your local hosts and hostesses are willing to accommodate you in any way possible. Make sure to explore the shops in the lobby and stop by the cigar store well stocked with cigars that you can’t find in most places.
* Travel authorized by license granted to "Other Cuban Journeys, LLC," the Department of Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) license #CT-2012-296454-1 which authorizes registered guests of this program to legally travel to Cuba, to participate and engage in a full time schedule of authorized exchange activities in Cuba, which will involve meaningful interaction between our travelers and people in Cuba.
** Currently Austin Adventures awaits confirmation of our 2013 license from OFAC, and we expect to receive authorization to send more guests to Cuba in the near future. Our guide for our 2012 departures, Marla Whitesman, has officially received her 2013 People-to-People license authorized by OFAC which legally allows authorized guests to travel to Cuba under her company, Other Cuban Journeys, LLC. Until ALA's license is reauthorized, we are excited to collaborate with Other Cuban Journeys, LLC on a May program to Cuba.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 8 days/ 7 nights
- Next Departure: Call (800) 575-1540