Dive into a quiet winter wonderland of lodgepole pine forests, geysers, waterfalls, and wildlife as you explore Yellowstone by ski, skate, snowmobile, and snowshoe.
- After arriving through the Roosevelt Arch, cross country ski to the park’s towering 132-foot Tower Falls
- Keep a watchful eye for elk, bison, pronghorn, and the ever-elusive wolf in Lamar Valley
- Snowshoe the Terrace Loop above Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel, taking in the colorful and ever-changing limestone travertine formations
- Catch a ride by snow coach to the Upper Geyser Basin and watch in awe as Old Faithful geyser erupts
- Zip by snowmobile to the vast and ice-covered Lake Yellowstone and snow-carpeted Hayden Valley on your way to the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone River
- Wrap up the day by the fireplace in the cozy comfort of the Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel with a hot cocoa in hand
Photo: Walking the frozen boardwalk in Yellowstone
This is my favorite trip to guide because when you visit Yellowstone in the winter, you get to experience it like it was meant to be. It's as though you're one of the first explorers to discover this enchanting area.
Corey Meyer Guide
6 days/5 nights
Day 1: Bozeman/Mammoth Hot Springs
Day 2: Mammoth Hot Springs/ Old Faithful
Day 3: Spring Creek/Old Faithful
Day 4: Cascade Loop Trail/Mammoth Hot Springs
Day 5: Chico Hot Springs/Bozeman
This hotel was named after the steaming limestone terraces just above the hotel. Elk routinely graze outside the hotel around the parade grounds of what was once Fort Yellowstone.
Completed in 1999, the Snow Lodge is the newest of the park’s full service hotels, and features heavy timber construction, exterior log columns and a cedar shingle roof, making it a significant example of classic “parkitecture”.
This rustic-chic inn and day spa boasts mineral hot spring-fed pools, extensive gardens, spa services, and exceptional dining. In June of 1999, Chico Hot Springs was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 6 days/5 nights
- Next Departure: Dec 21, 2014
- From $2,798 / person
- ($580 single supplement)
- Dec 21, 2014
- Dec 28, 2014
- Jan 18, 2015
- Jan 25, 2015