Lap up all that Zimbabwe has to offer, from the misty roar of Victoria Falls to the sight of an elephant and her calf sipping from a waterhole at your private wilderness camp. With plenty of room for flexibility, this 10-day safari, complete with pre- and post-trip extension options, can be customized exactly to your liking.
- Experience the bone-rattling thunder of a 5,600-foot wide, 355-foot tall sheet of cascading water on a visit to Victoria Falls
- Spot buffalo, giraffe, wildebeest, elephant, impala, lion, leopard, wild dog and cheetah on a game drive in iconic Hwange National Park
- Set off from Lake Kariba on an early morning game walk, taking in a myriad of wildlife and the majestic backdrop of the Matusadona Mountains
- Float the Zambezi by mokoro, drifting quietly past herds of elephant, pods of hippos, and countless sunbathing crocs
- Try your hand at catching a tiger fish
- Relax at the end of the day at with a dip in the infinity pool, an outdoor ‘bath with a view,’ and a peaceful recline on Ruckomechi Camp’s star-gazing deck
The trip was great. The guides were fabulous. The scenery and wildlife was incredible.
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
11 days/10 nights
Johannesburg, South Africa (JNB)
- Day 1: The Elephant Camp
- Day 2: The Elephant Camp
- Day 3: Little Makalolo
- Day 4: Little Makalolo
- Day 5: Little Makalolo
- Day 6: Changa Safari Camp
- Day 7: Changa Safari Camp
- Day 8: Ruckomechi Camp
- Day 9: Ruckomechi Camp
- Day 10: Ruckomechi Camp
- Day 11: Ruckomechi Camp
The Camp has breathtaking panoramic views of the Falls to the west and the Batoka Gorge to the east. The Elephant camp is situated only 10 minutes from Victoria Falls in a private concession within the Victoria Falls National Park. With an emphasis on exclusivity, the luxury tented suites all have private decks and plunge pools. The suites are all equipped with indoor and outdoor showers, huge baths, private lounges, mini bar and tea/coffee stations, overhead fans, plus air conditioning and are all mosquito proofed.
Little Makalolo Camp lies in the heart of Hwange National Park, in one of its best game viewing areas, overlooking a vibrant waterhole. The camp's six rooms have en-suite facilities, with both indoor and outdoor showers. Solar power is used for electricity ensuring a lighter environmental footprint. The living areas include a dining room, lounge, plunge pool, and an open fire area for those convivial evening fireside tales. There is a log pile hide overlooking the waterhole in front of camp where guests can enjoy wildlife viewing during the siesta hours.
With a passion for the wilderness and African wildlife, the Higgins and Preston families have built a dream safari destination on the shores of Lake Kariba in the Matusadona National Park. Situated within a private concession and with our own 4.5 km of lake shore, you can realize the total raw African experience from tastefully furnished, fan cooled, spacious deluxe East African style tented suites. Each suite has its own private deck and stunning views of the mysterious Matusadona Mountains across the inland sea of Lake Kariba.
Ruckomechi Camp lies on the banks of the Zambezi River, shaded by a large grove of acacia and mahogany trees and with a superb view of the mountains of Africa's Great Rift Valley across the river in Zambia. The camp accommodates guests in ten spacious en-suite tented units, all of which overlook the Zambezi River. Each tent has both indoor and outdoor showers, and the camp boasts a favorite amongst guests: its outdoor 'bath-with-a-view' in a secluded, scenic spot. The central dining, bar, library, and lounge areas face the escarpment and are connected to the rest of the camp by low-level walkways that minimize our environmental impact.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 11 days/10 nights
- Next Departure: Call (800) 575-1540
- From $7,298 / person
- ($1,980 single supplement)