Leading Small Group Tour Operator Austin-Lehman Adventures Offers Top Five
Time and Money Saving Family Adventures for This Summer
Think national parks this summer and give extra thought to packaged, all-inclusive, small group family tours that can save money, planning and logistics time and maximize sightseeing opportunities and experiences.
Austin-Lehman Adventures, the gurus of family adventure travel, remind that national parks address both value and the stay-closer-to-home mantras of today’s new economy.
“Now’s the time to start planning, early interest in our U.S. programs has been surprisingly strong,” says Dan Austin, ALA’s co-founder and director, who suggests his company’s top five domestic national park vacation destinations for families looking to make the most of their vacation dollar.
Austin also points out that his company was just singled out as one of the top 13 outfitters in the world in National Geographic Adventure magazine’s annual “Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth” issue which hit newsstands this month.
Here are ALA’s Top Five national park trips for value-minded families:
1) Yellowstone National Park: 6 days/ 5 nights, all inclusive at $1,998 per adult, double occupancy. Children age 7 to 12 share-room price: $1,798 first child, $1,598 each additional child. Departures are June 21, 28, July 5, 12, 19, 28, Aug. 2, 9, 16.
Kids go crazy for: The mineral hot spring-fed pool at Chico Hot Springs Resort where they gather for their own private pizza party while parents have a romantic, adult-only candlelit dinner in the historic dining room.
2) Yosemite National Park: 6 days/5 nights, all inclusive at $2,298 per adult, double occupancy. Children age 7 to 12 share-room price: $2,068 first child, $1,838 each additional child. Departures are July 5 and 12. www.austinlehman.com/tours/yosemite-national-park-family-tour-trips-34.php
Kids go crazy for: The huge trees! It takes 15 kids and parents, hand in hand, to barely encircle one of the Giant Sequoias they visit.
3) Grand Canyon National Park: 5 days/4 nights, all inclusive at $1,698 per adult, double occupancy. Children age 7 to 12 price: $1,528. Departures are Mar. 22, April 2, 13, May 7, June 4, July 2, Sept. 3, Oct. 8.
Kids go crazy for: The natural Jacuzzi-like tubs created by the cascading waterfalls and Travertine limestone pools of Havasu Creek.
4) Kenai Fjords National Park: 6 days/5 nights, all inclusive at $2,998 per adult, double occupancy. Children age 7 to 12 share-room price: $2,698 first child, $2,398 each additional child. Departures are June 28, July 5, Aug. 9, 16. www.austinlehman.com/tours/kenai-peninsula-alaska-family-tour-trips-26.php
Kids go crazy for: The long hours of daylight. With Alaska’s midnight sun, it’s never too dark to paddle, hike and play long after dinner.
5) Grand Teton National Park: 6 days/5 nights, all inclusive at $2,598 per adult, double occupancy. Children age 7 to 12 share-room price: $2,338 first child, $2,078 each additional child. Departures are June 28, July 5, 19, 26, Aug. 2, 9.
Kids go crazy for: Seeing enormous bull moose under the towering Tetons during the day and bucking broncos under the lights that night at the Jackson Hole rodeo.
Austin-Lehman Adventures manages all of the arrangements for its selected destinations that include iconic regions of North, Central and South America as well as southern Africa and Europe. Small groups are limited to 12 guests (18 on family departures where they add an extra van and guide). Rates include first-class accommodations, most meals and beverages, expert guides, park entry fees, multisport activities such as hiking, biking, rafting, horseback riding and more, ground transportation and luggage service. Not included is round trip travel to the host city.
For a copy of the 2009 catalog as well as information on ALA’s 66 unique itineraries for active adult and family travel, please call toll-free 1.800.575.1540, or e-mail email@example.com. To review current trips, schedules and itineraries you can log onto its website: www.austinlehman.com.