Feelin’ just like a kid again. Happens every time you hop on a bike. This is why Austin-Lehman Adventures (ALA) folds exhilarating bike excursions into as many of its multi-sport adventures on as many continents as possible.
ALA, the 23-year-old, multi-sport travel company that specializes in immersive travel experiences, has its own Top 10 biking favorites that are part of its all-inclusive itineraries. Some of these are:
- The ride from Pine Creek into Montana’s Paradise Valley, where they filmed “The Horse Whisperer.” End with a dip in the thermal springs at Chico.
Montana Canyons, Calderas, & Cowboys Adventure
- A 24-mile stretch on Alaska’s Kenai Peninsula along Granite Creek to the historic Gold Rush town of Hope. Waterfalls and wildflowers adorn the route.
Alaska – Best of the Greatland
- Starting from Osprey Lake high above the valley floor, descend the Trans-Canada Trail through shady stands of towering Ponderosa Pines following the abandoned Kettle Valley Railway into British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley.
Okanagan Valley – Canada’s Wine Country
- Take a morning bike ride through Antelope Flats starting from the front door of the Spring Creek Ranch under the granite spires of Wyoming’s Grand Tetons.
Wyoming/Grand Teton – Valley Floors to Jagged Peaks Adventure
- In Peru’s Sacred Valley, bike off-road to the Inca site of Moray (nine mile ride) then on to the ancient salt pools and mines of Maras (four mile ride).
Peru – Land of the Inca
- Experience South Africa’s Cape Point Nature Reserve and bike along a network of back roads keeping an eye out for Cape mountain zebra and indigenous fynbos plants. You’ll circumnavigate the southernmost point on the continent.
South Africa Safari & Multisport Adventure
View all of the Top 10 Bike Rides here.
ALA includes the full use of its bikes in the trip price. The company features Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo front-suspension mountain bikes, customized as a road/mountain bike hybrid. Guests may choose the pedaling distance they are most comfortable with and a sag wagon always provides back-up and a break when needed.
ALA manages all of the arrangements in its selected destinations. Small groups are held at 12 guests. Rates include first-class accommodations, most meals, expert guides, entry fees, multisport activities such as hiking, biking, rafting, horseback riding and more, ground transportation and luggage service. Not included is round trip air to the host city.
To get a copy of the 2008 catalog as well as information on ALA’s 40 unique luxury, multisport, adult and family active adventure travel itineraries please call toll-free 1.800.575.1540, or request the adventure catalog online.
View current trips, schedules and itineraries here.