Austria Family Adventure Vacation
Castles, cable cars and glacier-carved canyons in the Austrian Alps
With soaring, snow-capped peaks, thundering waterfalls, fortress-topped hills and elaborate cave systems, Austria brings out the adventurer in everyone.
...or call 800.575.1540
- Pedal your way through Mittersill and Zell Am See to a backdrop of 14,000-year-old glacier-carved gorges, azure lakes and towering Alps
- Take a spin on a toboggan in the hills of Hochkönig
- Hike above the Salzach Valley and – for a true adrenaline rush – opt for a tandem paraglide
- Ride a cable car to the Schmittenhöhe, for stunning lake and mountain views
- Swoosh down the giant slide at the entrance to the Hallein salt mines
- Hear the thunder of rushing water at the legendary Liechtensteinklamm gorge
- Bike along the Salzach River, explore the hilltop Hohensalzburg Fortress, and opt for an evening ride through Salzburg on a horse-drawn carriage
Click here for more information on Austin Adventures' Austria vacations:
Austria: Austria | Alps to Salzburg
Austria: Austria/Slovenia | Carinthia to the Julian Alps
6 days/5 nightsNights 1 to 3: Grand Hotel
Built in the 1890's, Grand Hotel Zell am See is nestled into the mountain landscape at the edge of Lake Zell and provides comfortable, modern rooms, a restaurant featuring hearty Austrian cuisine, and a spa.Night 4: Hotel Obauer
Located in an authentic, postcard-perfect Austrian village, Hotel Obauer is set in a 13th century building which has been renovated to offer contemporary accommodations. Its surrounding meadow and fortress have been featured in films including The Sound of Music
and Where Eagles Dare
. Night 5 & 6: Hotel Auersperg
A green oasis in the heart of the town, Hotel Auersperg has been under the same ownership for three generations. This elegant hotel has a tasteful design, quiet, romantic gardens and a rooftop sun terrace with a marvelous view over the city.
A few more reasons why you've gotta go…
1. The home of The Sound of Music!
You’ll be taking in the spectacular views of the landscape where scenes of the famous musical were filmed.
2. It’s Mozart’s Hometown: The musical prodigy was born in Salzburg. The house he lived in for seventeen years was turned into a museum.
3. The lakes and mountains: Enjoy the panoramic views, the ever-changing scenery and historical landmarks of the Lake District.
4. The Spas: What better way to unwind than with a relaxing massage or a dip in a thermal tub?