Austria Bike Tours
Revel in the awesome beauty of the Austrian Alps on an Austrian Bike Tour
With soaring, snow-capped peaks, thundering waterfalls, glacier-carved gorges and scenic villages, Austria is the perfect playground for the adventurous at heart.
...or call 800.575.1540
- Pedal your way through Mittersill and Zell am See to a backdrop of 14,000-year-old glacier-carved gorges, crystal blue lakes and colossal Alps
- Bike from Lake Zell through quaint villages to the market town of Saalfelden
- Soak up eye-popping panoramic views on a cable car ride to Schmittenhöhe
- Hike into Salzach Valley and (for a true adrenaline rush) opt for a tandem paraglide
- Pedal along the enchanting Salzach River past flower-decked homes to the 250-foot Gollinger Waterfall and Hellbrunn’s palatial castle
- Hum a tune from The Sound of Music as you feast on trout strudel and cream cheese lemon mousse at the two star Michelin rated Obauer restaurant
Click here for more information on Austin Adventures' Austria vacations:
Austria: Austria Family | Alps to Salzburg
Austria: Austria/Slovenia | Carinthia to the Julian Alps
Distinctive Luxury Accommodations:
7 days/6 nightsNights 1 to 3 : Grand Hotel
Built in the 1890's, Grand Hotel Zell am See is nestled into the mountain landscape at the edge of Lake Zell and provides comfortable, modern rooms, a restaurant featuring hearty Austrian cuisine, and a spa. Night 4: Hotel Obauer
Located in an authentic, postcard-perfect Austrian village, Hotel Obauer is set in a 13th century building which has been renovated to offer contemporary accommodations. Its surrounding meadow and fortress have been featured in films including The Sound of Music
and Where Eagles Dare
.Nights 5 & 6: Hotel Auersperg
A green oasis in the heart of the town, Hotel Auersperg has been under the same ownership for three generations. This elegant hotel has a tasteful design, quiet, romantic gardens and a rooftop sun terrace with a marvelous view over the city.
A few more reasons why you've gotta go…
1. The views: Become inspired as you cycle past snowcapped mountains, expansive lakes, and 14,000 year-old glacier-carved gorges.
2. Werfen Ice Cave: Werfen is a scenic village filled with historic churches, monuments, and the imposing Hohenwerfen Castle, featured in the film Where Eagles Dare
3. The Salzburg Fortress: Almost a thousand years old, this medieval, iconic fortress towers over Mozart’s city and is the largest fortress of its kind in Europe to have survived intact in its entirety.
4. Mirabell Palace and Gardens: Built in 1606, this former palace with magnificent staircases and gardens now houses government offices. The gardens are where the von Trapp children sang "Do-Re-Mi" in The Sound of Music
. The Marble Hall, formerly the prince archbishop's banquet hall, is where Mozart's father Leopold and his children Wolfgang and Nannerl once played their instruments.