Utah | Arches/Canyonlands Itinerary
(Host City: Grand Junction, CO (GJT))
Day 1: Colorado National Monument, Colorado River
Day 2: Moab, Island in the Sky
Day 3: Arches National Park
Day 4: Canyonlands National Park, Moab
Day 5: Castle Valley, Fisher Towers
Day 6: Moab/Grand Junction (departure)
Quotes From the Field:
"I've been on 15 tours with Austin Adventures, and my day in Arches was one of the most spectacular of them all!"
~ Tom Cezeaux, New Castle, WA
Utah Vacation Packages
A wild array of canyons, spires, buttes, and pinnacles
Canyonlands National Park: an intense palette of reds, yellows, oranges, and browns, home to over 500-square miles of steep, river-carved canyons, sprawling mesas, buff sandstone pillars, and spectacular natural arches.
...or call 800.575.1540
- Raft the Westwater of the Colorado River beneath sheer granite walls dating back over 1.7 billion years
- Pedal the Island in the Sky mesa, taking in the vastness of Canyonlands National Park over a picnic lunch at Dead Horse Point Overlook
- Trek through looming, crimson rock formations at Fisher Towers
- Hike by ancient petroglyphs etched in stone, a glimpse into the rituals of the Fremont, Anasazi, and Navajo communities of thousands of years past
- Explore Slick Rock by Hummer
- Soak up a jaw-dropping view of the La Sal Mountain range at Delicate Arch in Arches National Park
Click here for more information on Austin Adventures' Utah vacations:
Utah: Utah Family | Arches/Canyonlands
Utah: Utah Family | Bryce/Zion
Utah: Utah | Bryce/Zion
Utah: Utah | Hiking in Bryce and Zion
6 days/5 nights
Nights 1-5: Canyonlands Inn
Located in the heart of downtown Moab, the Canyonlands Inn rooms are styled to capture and reflect the natural beauty of the surrounding area. After a long day of adventure, enjoy the Inn's pool and Jacuzzi before retiring to your room.
A few more reasons why you've gotta go...
1. Moab: It isn't the American mountain biking mecca for nothing!
2. The history: Learn about the vast geological history of the area and how it still serves as an outdoor laboratory for scientists from all over the world.
3. Upheaval Dome: The controversy over how this remarkable impact structure was formed make this quite the ecological anomaly.