Austria and Slovenia Tours
Discover some of Europe’s best-kept secrets, before the crowds do
...or call 800.575.1540
Kick off your trip among the quaint villages and alpine lakes of Austria’s Carinthia region before making your way to Slovenia, one of Europe’s least traveled destinations. River gorges, riparian canyons, rolling wine country and the jaw-dropping Julian Alps set the stage for six days of crowd-free fun.
• In Carinthia, climb the castle ruins of Landskron, a former Habsburg stronghold, taking in killer views of the Karawanken range and Lake Ossiach
• Bike the shores of Lake Wörthersee to a backdrop of rolling meadows and majestic mountains, pausing to visit the picturesque pilgrimage churches of Maria Wörth
• Step back in time (and into a scene from Hemingway’s A Farewell to Arms), as you stroll the historic streets of Kobarid
• Pedal an untouched world of rocky mountains, alpine meadows, and towering canyons in Triglav National Park
• Ride a cable car to the summit of Mount Vogel for an eye-popping view of Triglav Mountain reflected in the glacial waters of Lake Bohinj
• Peruse 15-16th century frescoes in the Church of St. John the Baptist
• Paddle to the fairytale Bled Castle, perched on an island on Bled Lake, and savor a piece of kremna rezina (vanilla cream cake), a local specialty
Click here for more information on Austin Adventures' Austria vacations:
Austria: Austria Family | Alps to Salzburg
Austria: Austria | Alps to Salzburg
Distinctive Luxury Accommodations:
6 days/5 nightsNights 1 & 2: Schlosshotel Velden
The legendary Falkensteiner Schlosshotel Velden on Carinthia’s Lake Woerthersee is a unique retreat in a destination that has been popular for centuries. The former summer palace offers state-of-the-art rooms and suites whose superb design and furnishings underline the Falkensteiner philosophy and commitment to the utmost in personalized service. Night 3: Grand Hotel Prisank
The Grand Hotel Prisank is one of the most beautiful buildings in Kranjska Gora. Centrally located in the vibrant area, this hotel offers the best blend of easy walking access to shops, views of the famous Alps, and outstanding accommodations to match the extraordinary scenery.Nights 4 & 5: Grand Hotel Toplice
Boasting magnificent island, castle, and Julian Alpine views, the Grand Hotel Toplice also provides five-star opulence and comfort, all on the shores of beautiful Lake Bled. The renovated hotel has its own private lido, along with two exquisite restaurants serving superb Slovenian wines with traditional local dishes as well as cuisine from around the world.
A few more reasons why you've gotta go…
1. We love countries that appreciate food and Slovenia has lots of fun quirky food festivals including the Salt Makers’ Festival, Cabbage Festival, Chestnut Sunday, and Bean Day to name a few.
2. More of a wine fan? Slovenia is home to the oldest vine in the world. Cleverly named, the Old Vine is over 400 years old and annually still bears between 35 and 55 kilos of red grapes for producing wine.
3. Couples can still get married in the church on Bled Island but they better be in good shape. Tradition says that the groom must carry his bride up the 99 steps to ensure a long and happy marriage.