Spain | Catalonia Itinerary
(Host City: Barcelona, Spain (BCE))
Day 1: Olot
Day 2: Olot
Day 3: Girona
Day 4: Girona
Day 5: La Bisbal d’Empordà
Day 6: La Bisbal d’Empordà
Day 7: Barcelona
Quotes from the Field:
"Our tour was incredibly well-organized with a team of guides who were truly, unbelievably great."
Julie Treumann - New York, NY
Catalonia by land, lake, river, and sea
...or call 800.575.1540
Hike, bike, kayak, and snorkel from the Pyrenees Mountains to the blue-green coves of the Costa Brava on this weeklong adventure in northeast Spain, a region renowned for its unique history, spectacular scenery, and artistic legacy.
• Kayak a reservoir in the Ter River basin, where the village of San Roman de Sau once stood
• Walk the foothills of Rupit for jaw-dropping panoramas of the Pyrenees Mountains
• Sip cava and take in a splendid bird's eye view on an optional hot air balloon ride over Olot
• Paddle in the wake of 1992 Olympian rowers on Lake Banyoles
• Hike between lava cones and lush vegetation in a natural volcanic park
• Bike the secluded Via Verde to Girona, the ‘city of a thousand sieges’
• Snorkel a marine life-rich archipelago on the Costa Brava
• Relax on a castle terrace before enjoying a traditional Catalan feast at the Hotel Castell d’Empordà
Click here for more information on Austin Adventures' Spain vacations:
Spain: Spain | Biking in Catalonia
Spain: Spain | La Rioja
7 days/6 nights
Nights 1 & 2: Hotel Riu Olot
A modern hotel within walking distance of the historic town center, with nice views of the surrounding mountains and volcanic hills.
Nights 3 & 4: Hotel Ciutat de Girona
Centrally located in the commercial part of town, and perfect for exploring this medieval town center across the river. Modern with comfortable rooms, the restaurant features interesting fusion cuisine.
Nights 5 & 6: Hotel Castell d’Empordà
This medieval castle with modern additions is surrounded by a park. The Castell d’Empordà is now a luxurious four-star hotel fully satisfying all the requirements of the 21st century. Comfortable, tastefully decorated rooms. Amenities include a gourmet restaurant, an outdoor swimming pool, and terraces.
A few more reasons why you've gotta go...
1. There is lots of history in Spain! Throughout history the Iberians, Phoenicians, Greeks, Romans, Visigoths, Celts, Basques, and the Moors have settled in Spain.
2. At Austin Adventures we appreciate explorers and the Spanish have had more than a few important ones. The first European men to see California, Antarctica, the Pacific Ocean, and to circumvent the globe were all Spaniards. Christopher Columbus was not only not the first European to land on the Americas (Leif Ericson), he also wasn’t a Spaniard (Italian, though commissioned by the Queen of Spain).
3. Spain has among the most diverse plant populations in Europe. During the last ice age, most of Europe was covered in glaciers but Spain was far enough south to avoid the ice so many plant species that were wiped out elsewhere, survived.