Montana | Glacier NP Itinerary
(Host City: Kalispell, MT (FCA))
Day 1: Whitefish/Two Medicine Lake and East Glacier
Day 2: Iceberg Lake Trail Hike
Day 3: Going to the Sun Road Bike/Lake McDonald
Day 4: Fish Lake/Flathead River Raft
Day 5: Flathead Valley Bike
Day 6: Big Mountain Hike/Whitefish (departure)
Quotes From the Field:
"Following our last Austin Adventures' vacation, we knew our experience could not be matched; yet amazingly, this trip surpassed all!"
Amy Vance - Saverna Park, MD
Glacier Park Tours
Unique, glacier-carved terrain equally as suited for exploring as it is for simply gazing
Known to the Native Americans as the “Shining Mountains” and the “Backbone of the World", Glacier National Park preserves over a million acres of old growth forests, alpine lakes, rugged mountains, and sweeping wildflower meadows.
...or call 800.575.1540
- Hike backcountry trails beneath granite cliffs for jaw-dropping views of jagged ice fields reflected perfectly in the azure waters of Iceberg Lake
- Step into the set of A River Runs Through It as you raft the unspoiled waters of the Flathead River
- Bike the world-famous Going-to-the-Sun Road, snapping postcard-worthy photos of mountain goats, big horn sheep, and grizzlies along the way
- Trek alongside 80-foot cedar trees, colorful rock formations, and cascading waterfalls on the Trail of the Cedars
- Relax with a massage before calling it a night in the cozy comfort of the Glacier Park Lodge, nestled at the foot of Dancing Lady Mountain
Click here for more information on Austin Adventures' Montana vacations:
Montana: Montana Family | Big Sky, Yellowstone & Paradise Valley
Montana: Montana Family | Great Western Adventure
Montana: Montana Family | Montana Camp
Montana: Montana | Big Sky, Yellowstone & Paradise Valley
Montana: Yellowstone National Park
Montana: Yellowstone National Park Family
Montana: Yellowstone Winter
6 days/5 nightsNight 1: Glacier Park Lodge
Built in 1912, the lodge is nestled in East Glacier at the foot of Dancing Lady Mountain. With an outdoor swimming pool, day spa, lounge and fine dining restaurant, this property is an exception to the common “basic needs only” national park properties.Nights 2 & 3: Many Glacier Hotel
Constructed in the early 1900s, the chalet hotel boasts a true Swiss atmosphere from the Alpine beauty that surrounds the building to the themed architecture and decor of the striking atrium lobby. Rooms feature mountain luxury and great amenities. Night 4: Lake McDonald Lodge
Lake McDonald Lodge is a three-and-one-half-story structure built on the eastern shore of glaciated, picturesque Lake McDonald. In keeping in the era in which all of the rooms were built, they offer guests modest amenities and old-world style accommodations resulting in a one-of-a kind, National Park lodging experience.
Night 5: Grouse Mountain Lodge
Treat yourself to the premier choice in Montana lodging at Grouse Mountain Lodge. Inside, you're surrounded by the rustic luxury of an upscale western Montana lodge. Guest rooms combine warmth and appeal with design and spaciousness to provide that pampered feeling.
A few more reasons why you've gotta go…
1. Going-to-the-Sun Road: This iconic stretch of highway spans 50 miles through Glacier National Park, around (and through) mountainsides and over the Continental Divide at Logan Pass.
2. Big Mountain: Hike the hill that, in winter, is transformed into a mecca for downhill skiing.
3. Trail of the Cedars: A relaxing hike through giant 80 foot cedar trees, colorful rock formations and breathtaking waterfalls.
4. The wildlife: Glacier is the only place in the continental U.S. that still has all of the predators that were present when Europeans first arrived in North America.