Montana Family Vacations
Craving a taste of the Wild West? Welcome to Montana, the place we call home.
From Little Big Horn and the Beartooth Mountains to Yellowstone’s Lamar Valley and Cody’s rollicking Rodeo, there’s no better place to garner a true taste of the Wild West than here in Austin Adventures’ own backyard.
• Step back in time on a visit to Little Bighorn Battlefield, a memorial to the Sioux and Cheyenne, and to the U.S. Army’s 7th Cavalry
• Get up-close and personal with a giant grizzly, a friendly lynx, and a great horned owl on a private tour of Billings' ZooMontana
• Hike into Montana's beautiful backcountry working up an appetite for a bison burger at the famous Grizzly Bar in Roscoe
• Journey to the “Top of the World” on the Beartooth Highway for spectacular 360-degree views and the chance to play in the snow in the middle of summer!
• Channel your inner cowboy as you ride horseback through Montana’s prairieland
• Soak up the sunrise over Yellowstone’s Lamar Valley, in search of wolves, bears, bison, elk and antelope
• Hoot and holler at the Cody Stampede Rodeo
...or call 800.575.1540
Click here for more information on Austin Adventures' Montana vacations:
Montana: Montana Family | Big Sky, Yellowstone & Paradise Valley
Montana: Montana Family | Montana Camp
Montana: Montana | Big Sky, Yellowstone & Paradise Valley
Montana: Montana | Glacier NP
Montana: Yellowstone National Park
Montana: Yellowstone National Park Family
Montana: Yellowstone Winter
6 days/5 nightsNight 1: Northern Hotel
This Four-Star hotel is located in the heart of downtown Billings. Reopened in early 2013, the Northern invites you to relax in the luxuriously renovated guest rooms featuring warm, contemporary interiors by award-winning designer, Mitch Thompson. With 24-hour room service and unique in-room amenities (do you like aquariums?), the hotel has dotted every I and crossed every T in creating a luxurious Western experience.Night 2: Pollard Hotel
Steeped in history, The Pollard is located in the former mining town of Red Lodge, at the edge of the Rocky Mountains and is the destination hotel near the Yellowstone’s east entrance. Open the French doors in your suite to a private balcony, or relax by the fire with a rich coffee in The Gallery, or appreciate a single malt scotch and a good book in the History Room.Nights 3 & 4: Alpine Motel
Located in Cooke City, right near the Northeast entrance to Yellowstone, the Alpine Motel's rustic charm mirrors the stunning scenery surrounding it. Night 5: Irma Hotel
Step back in time into the old west of today at the Irma Hotel, a place the famous hunter and showman Buffalo Bill Cody called, “a gem.” Here, you can stay in historic rooms that housed some of the most iconic figures of the West: Frederic Remington, Annie Oakley, and Calamity Jane. Fancy enough for royalty, and comfortable enough for cowboys and cowgirls, the Irma Hotel exemplifies the spirit of Cody, Wyoming!
A few more reasons why you've gotta go…
1. In Montana, 39 of the 50 counties are considered “frontier counties” meaning they have 6 or less residents per square mile. Compare that to New York County (the borough of Manhatten) where over 69,000 people reside per square mile.
2. Did you ever challenge your sibling to see who could hold their head under water longest? Don’t challenge a moose! They can hold their heads under water for 3 minutes!
3. Think you can see all the thermal features Yellowstone has to offer? Think again. There are over 10,000! Let us show you the best ones.