Australia | Tasmania Itinerary
(Host City: Hobart (HBA)/Launceston(LST))
Day 1: Hobart
Day 2: Hobart
Day 3: Port Arthur
Day 4: Freycinet National Park
Day 5: Freycinet National Park
Day 6: Cradle Mountain Lake
Day 7: Cradle Mountain Lake
Day 8: Launceston
Day 9: Launceston
Quotes from the Field:
"It went beyond what I expected. The staff and itinerary were excellent, and the tour guides very helpful."
Patricia Bordman - Birmingham, MI
Ancient rainforests, glacial lakes, lapis-blue bays and a wealth of wildlife
...or call 800.575.1540
While Tasmania may be no bigger than West Virginia, it is renowned for its diversity. From the burgeoning seaside capital of Hobart to Lake St Clare National Park’s acclaimed Cradle Mountain, soak up all that the little isle of ‘Tassie’ has to offer by land and sea on this 9-day multisport extravaganza.
• Explore Hobart’s Battery Point and thriving waterfront, marveling at the majestic views of Mount Wellington
• Get up close with emus, wombats, and a Tasmanian devil (now extinct in the wild) on a night safari at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
• Cruise beneath the jagged cliffs of the Tasman Peninsula, scanning the sea for dolphin, seals, and whales, and the sky for albatrosses, gannets and sea eagles
• Join a lantern-lit Ghost Tour of Port Arthur, a historic castle and UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Walk to Wineglass Bay Lookout and sea kayak tranquil, turquoise waters beneath pink granite peaks on the Freycinet Peninsula
• Take in the ever-changing rainforest, buttongrass, waterfall and alpine lake scenery on a hike up Cradle Mountain
• Sail through old and new-growth forest on a treetop zip-line tour in Launceston
Click here for more information on Austin Adventures' Australia vacations:
Australia: Australia Family | South Australia
Australia: Australia | Hiking in Tasmania
Australia: Australia | Kimberley Wilderness Cruise
Australia: Australia | South Australia
9 days/8 nights
Nights 1 & 2: Henry Jones Art Hotel
The Henry Jones Art Hotel is located on Hobart’s waterfront and is Australia’s first dedicated art hotel. The hotel is furnished with over 300 artworks and presents an environment in which people can experience art in a new and more immediate way. With a continuously changing exhibition, the hotel has been created to present itself as a fusion of art, heritage, tradition and nature. Exterior and interior space present art as part of the Hotel’s function & beauty.
Night 3: Stewarts Bay Lodge
Nestled between a beach, a forest, the ocean, a national park and Australia's profound Port Arthur Historic Site, Stewarts Bay Lodge at Port Arthur provides comfortable, luxury accommodation on Tasmania's Tasman Peninsula. The lodge sits on Tasmania's renowned East Coast, an icon of immense physical beauty, incredible history and rich natural diversity just 90 minutes from Hobart.
Nights 4 & 5: Freycinet Lodge
Enjoy the beautiful colors of the Freycinet Peninsula: Pink, granite mountains; white sand beaches, grey-green casuarinas, seawater blue as sapphire. The Freycinet Lodge is a premiere holiday destination with luxury accommodation on Tasmania's East Coast. Abundant Tasmanian wildlife, pristine beaches in Freycinet National Park, and a rich colonial history with cool-climate Tasmanian wines and fine local produce are all yours to enjoy on your vacation as the Freycinet Lodge.
Nights 6 & 7: Cradle Mountain Lodge
Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge is one of Australia’s iconic wilderness experiences. Located on the edge of the spectacular World Heritage listed Cradle Mountain-Lake, St Clair National Park, one of Tasmania’s premier wilderness regions.
Night 8: Peppers Seaport Hotel
Located where the North and South Esk River meet to become the Tamar River, Peppers Seaport Hotel delivers a new and vibrant experience. The hotel exudes a stylish, contemporary design with a distinct nautical feel, where you can begin your day with a refreshing walk along the marina or you can simply relax and relish in the sun’s warmth and the stunning views from your room.
A few more reasons why you've gotta go…
1. Tasmania has all sorts of climates. The west coast is one of the wettest places in the world but its capital, Hobart is the second driest capital city in the country (Interesting: the wettest place in the world is actually in the mountains on Maui, Hawaii).
2. The oldest brewery in Australia, the Cascade Brewery, is in Hobart, Tasmania. So there’s that.
3. Apples are a great snack on an adventure and Tasmania is one of the world’s prominent apple producers and nicknamed “Apple Isle.”