Washington | San Juan Islands Itinerary
(Host City: Seattle, Washington (SEA))
Day 1: Seattle / Anacortes / San Juan Island
Day 2: San Juan Island
Day 3: San Juan Island
Day 4: Orcas Island / Walking Horse Country Farm
Day 5: Orcas Island
Day 6: Orcas Island / Anacortes / Seattle (departure)
Quotes from the Field:
"Excellent planning and coordination, and extremely personable and insightful guides really made this trip."
Deb Pepper - Denver, CO
San Juan Islands, Washington Tours
Rocky shores, sandy beaches, lush forests, and serenity interrupted only by the soft sound of splashing surf
There’s hardly a setting more peaceful than Washington State’s San Juan Islands, ranked #2 on the New York Times list of top travel destinations for 2011. Hike, bike, boat, and kayak on two of the larger islands of this spectacular 100 million-year-old archipelago.
...or call 800.575.1540
- Kayak the calm, pristine waters of San Juan Island, keeping an eye out for whales, seals, porpoises, and bald eagles
- Hike to Lime Kiln Park Lighthouse and picnic at South Beach on San Juan Island
- Scout the Salish Sea for the 80+ orcas who make the islands their summer home on a whale-watching tour
- Stroll the quaint town of Eastsound with a coffee or ice cream in hand
- Watch the sun set over a postcard-perfect cove as you dine al fresco at the Outlook Inn’s famed New Leaf Café
6 days/5 nightsNights 1-3: Friday Harbor House
Located two blocks from the ferry terminal and bustling wharf, Friday Harbor House sits atop a bluff overlooking San Juan Island’s scenic harbor. Elegantly appointed accommodations offer stunning views, oversized jetted tubs and cozy fireplaces. Nights 4-5: Rosario Resort & Spa
Built 100 years ago by Seattle shipbuilder Robert Moran, the Rosario has since been resorted and listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Comfortable and relaxing accommodations overlook Cascade Bay, with views of the surrounding the San Juan Islands.
A few more reasons why you've gotta go…
1. On San Juan Island there are no traffic lights!
2. Orcas are some of the most beautiful creatures of the sea. Come here and you can adopt one!
3. If you adopt and Orca you sure aren't afraid of commitment; Orcas can live to be 80 years old!