Yellowstone National Park Family Itinerary
(Host City: Bozeman, Montana)
Day 1: Ousel Falls / Lower Geyser Basin / Old Faithful
Day 2: Upper Geyser Basin / Yellowstone Lake
Day 3: Storm Point / Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone
Day 4: Lamar Valley / Yellowstone River
Day 5: Boiling River or Hoodoos / Absaroka Mountains
Day 6: Chico Hot Springs / Bozeman (departure)
Quotes from the Field:
“Rafting the Yellowstone River is an experience your family will never forget. I love listening as the vastness of Paradise Valley is quickly filled with shouts and laughter as parents and kids tackle a rapid - and then start a humongous water fight!”
Kasey Austin - AA Guide
Yellowstone Family Vacations
From seven to seventy, Yellowstone brings out the kid in everyone
Yellowstone National Park is a paradise for adults and kids alike. Our expert guides create a secure and rewarding environment full of challenge, accomplishment, and fun. Combined with exceptional accommodations and classic dining, this is the ultimate family adventure.
...or call 800.575.1540
- Register the kids as “Junior Rangers” before hiking into Yellowstone's backcountry, through the rainbow spray of thundering waterfalls and shooting geysers
- Raft a playful stretch of the beautiful Yellowstone River, perfect for beginners
- Wind your way by horseback high into the Absaroka Mountains alongside a 4th generation wrangler
- Watch for eagles, elk, bison, and wolves on a drive through Hayden Valley
- Kick back for a well-deserved soak in a soothing natural hot spring
- Marvel as Old Faithful erupts under a blanket of stars before calling it a night in the comfort of the historic log-hewn Old Faithful Inn
Click here for more information on Austin Adventures' Montana vacations:
Montana: Montana Family | Big Sky, Yellowstone & Paradise Valley
Montana: Montana Family | Great Western Adventure
Montana: Montana Family | Montana Camp
Montana: Montana | Big Sky, Yellowstone & Paradise Valley
Montana: Montana | Glacier NP
Montana: Yellowstone National Park
Montana: Yellowstone Winter
6 days/5 nightsNight 1: Old Faithful Snow Lodge
A world-famous landmark opened in 1904, the stone and pine Old Faithful Inn features a five-story lobby, views of Old Faithful and classic charm. Completed in 1999, the Snow Lodge is the newest of the park’s full service hotels, and features heavy timber construction, exterior log columns and a cedar shingle roof, making it a significant example of classic “parkitecture”Night 2: Yellowstone Lake Lodge
Lake Lodge is an inviting location where cozy cabins provide a family-friendly atmosphere. The main lodge houses a delightful lobby where two fireplaces, a lounge and gift store warmly beckon guests to linger and chat.Nights 3 & 4: Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel
This hotel was named after the steaming limestone terraces just above the hotel area. Elk routinely graze outside the hotel, around the parade grounds of what was once Fort Yellowstone. Night 5: Chico Hot Springs Resort
This rustic-chic inn boasts mineral hot spring-fed pools, extensive gardens, spa services, and exceptional dining. In June of 1999 Chico Hot Springs was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
A few more reasons why you've gotta go…
1. For the memories: Family experiences like these are what life is all about.
2. The elusive Yellowstone wolf: Keep your eyes peeled to spot one on a morning hike up Bunsen Peak.
3. It's the best of both worlds: While parents dine in quiet luxury, the kids have a pizza party at Chico's huge hot spring pool.