BECOME PART OF THE AA TEAM!
At Austin Adventures we believe that travel has the power to change us. To let us see the world, and our role in it, through a new lens. We are a best in class, family-owned and operated boutique international adventure travel outfitter. Our carefully curated and ultra-personalized itineraries allow guests to experience the land, the people, and the culture in the most immersive, energizing, and inspiring way possible. With the decades of experience and unmatched access to our National Parks, our knowledge, credibility, and insider access offer an experience that is – simply put – unparalleled.
Austin Adventures offers an exciting working environment with opportunities for growth and a chance to meet other like-minded individuals. We offer market-competitive compensation and fantastic benefits to all of our employees – office staff and guides alike. Our team is made up of outstanding individuals from locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe. We hire people who are passionate about adventure travel and we value the diversity each employee brings to our team.
If you’re interested in applying for one of our posted jobs, please send your resume and cover letter to one of the following:
ATTN: Human Resources
PO Box 81025
Billings, MT 59108-1025
Austin Adventures sometimes has positions in Operations, Marketing, and Sales. For more information, please feel free to reach out to us and let us know what you are interested in. Please understand our office positions are highly competitive and rarely open. We may not respond to all inquiries.
If you are interested in applying for a guide position for any of our US, Canada, or Europe programs, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume between November and March, for the upcoming season. Thanks for your interest in Austin Adventures!
There are a number of qualifications that we look for when we hire guides. We suggest that all applicants review the following list. This will help you decide if you have the necessary skills, personality, and experience to join the AA team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Possess excellent people skills in the areas of communication, customer service and compassion
- Strong ability to connect one-on-one with people of all ages, interests, and backgrounds
- Strong appreciation for and a sense of the natural and cultural history of a number of the regions in which we run trips
- Passion for active travel and being outdoors
- Familiarity with and aptitude for tuning up bikes (mechanically inclined)
- Excellent endurance and stamina (capable of handling long days of physical work)
- Detail oriented in the areas of budgets and reporting
- Strong problem solving skills (ability to be decisive and resourceful)
- A ‘leader’ personality
- First Aid & CPR-certified (WFR & EMT certification encouraged)
- Drivers License (or Class 4 for Canadian guides) and a clean driving record
- Availability during our peak season of June into September
Every spring, guides hone their skills at our ‘Spring Training Retreat’ in Billings, Montana. This extensive training builds a strong team of guides who understand the details and subtleties in executing professional customer service. After Spring Training, each guide team heads out on a pre-season scout of the destination they’ll be guiding in for the summer. During their scout trip, guides drive the route and carefully check over every detail of our trip itinerary before guests arrive. Once on the trip, guides stay in the same hotels as the guests and are always available to handle even the smallest request. Our guides are ready to do whatever it takes, stretching beyond any trip outline or itinerary, to provide the most outstanding customer service in the industry.