Additional Trip Information
Arrival & Departures
Please plan on arriving at least one day prior to your trip departure. Day one of your itinerary starts at 5:45 am or 6:00 am, depending on your hotel. Your trip ends with a drop-off at either the Anchorage airport (2:00 pm) or your Anchorage hotel (2:30 pm).
Hiking: 3 to 8 miles per hike, easy to challenging terrain
Biking: 6 to 25 miles per ride, easy to moderate terrain
Kayaking: Protected coves and inlets, no experience necessary
Boating: Interpretive small ship wildlife cruise with captain and crew
Discovery: Alaska is a land of diversity…known for its rich history, geographic wonders, incredible wildlife and challenges and opportunities of today… (and that as they say is just the “Tip of the Iceberg”). Learn about the wildlife recovery efforts put forth after the largest oil spill in this country’s history at the Alaska SeaLife Center. Understand how glaciers formed Alaska’s unique topography and the “story” behind the scenes regarding the effects of global warming. As you pedal into the town of Hope, try to guess how this tiny mining community came to receive its name (it’s probably not what you think!) Visit the bustling seaport of Seward and witness fisherman (both sport and commercial) as they come ashore with the day’s catch.
With any luck you will see for yourself the difference between a Black and a Grizzly Bear. Is a Killer Whale really a killer? That is just the beginning, there is so much more to this place they call the Land of the Midnight Sun.
Austin Adventures guides are experienced facilitators and regional experts. They will take the time to explain the details of each activity, answer any questions, and demonstrate the use of all equipment. Each activity has been carefully planned to include options for all levels. Most importantly, your guides will help you select the distance that’s right for you.
The hallmark of an Austin Adventures vacation is our exceptional dining. All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, refreshments and receptions except one dinner on your own are included as indicated by itinerary. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner). Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities are not included in the trip price.
Included in the Trip Price
- Double occupancy rooms with private baths.
- All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners except one dinner on own your own refreshments and receptions .
- Fully trained, first-aid certified professional guides and knowledgeable local partners.
- Bikes, helmets and other necessary equipment all safe and well maintained.
- Vehicle support and land transportation during the trip.
- Austin Adventures T-shirt, water bottle, luggage tags and luggage service.
- Pre-departure and packing information.
- Incidental expenses such as taxes, dining and housekeeping gratuities, local partner and expert gratuities and national park entrance and permit fees
Not Included in the Trip Price
- Gratuities to Austin Adventures guides.
- Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities.
- One dinner on your own.
- Pre-and post-trip accommodations and associated expenses.
- Air and land transportation to/from host cities.
- All types of personal insurance.
- Personal expenses.
After receiving your reservation and deposit, we’ll send you a pre-trip planner with general information about the area you’ll be visiting, a packing list, exercise guidelines, a guest information questionnaire and a liability release agreement for you to sign and return within 10 days.