Additional Trip Information
Arrival & Departures
Please plan on arriving at least one day prior to your trip departure. Day one of your itinerary starts at 8:00 or 8:20 am, depending on your hotel. Your trip ends with a drop-off at either the Calgary airport (1:00 pm) or your Calgary hotel (1:30 pm).
3 to 10 miles per hike, easy to moderate terrain. Biking:
5 to 20 miles, easy to moderate terrain. Whitewater rafting:
Class I-III rapids, no experience necessary. Horseback riding
: 2 hour guided horseback ride, perfect for beginners Discovery:
Hike with a bird’s eye view from Sentinel Pass. Expand your mind as you learn about how the mountains were carved and shaped by glaciers. Spot as many different types of wildlife as you can while riding through Kananaskis Valley; grizzly bears, elk, or wolves are just some of the animals that frequent the area. In your cozy bed at your home away from home, recognize why Baker Creek Chalet received the Banff Heritage Tourism Award for authentic mountain lodging. Take in the views of Lake Louise while your guides educate as to why the lake is really that blue. Learn the ins and outs of glacier trekking as you strap on crampons to make your way up the icy surface of Athabasca Glacier. Visit one of Canada’s oldest and largest national parks, Jasper National Park, designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1984. Come discover for yourself this place they call Wild Rose Country. Austin Adventures guides are experienced facilitators and regional experts. They will take the time to explain the details of each activity, answer any questions, and demonstrate the use of all equipment. Each activity has been carefully planned to include options for all levels. Most importantly, your guides will help you select the distance that’s right for you.
The hallmark of an Austin Adventures vacation is our exceptional dining. All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, refreshments and receptions, except one dinner on your own, are included as indicated by the itinerary. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner). Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities are not included in the trip price. Included in Trip Price
Not Included in Trip Price
- Double occupancy rooms with private baths.
- All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, except one dinner on own your own, refreshments and receptions.
- Fully trained, first-aid certified professional guides and knowledgeable local partners.
- Bikes, helmets and other necessary equipment, all safe and well maintained.
- Vehicle support and land transportation during the trip.
- Austin Adventures T-shirt, water bottle, luggage tags and luggage service.
- Pre-departure and packing information.
- Incidental expenses such as taxes, dining and housekeeping gratuities, local partner and expert gratuities and national park entrance and permit fees.
- Gratuities to Austin Adventures guides.
- Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities.
- One dinner on your own.
- Pre-and post-trip accommodations and associated expenses.
- Air and land transportation to/from host cities.
- All types of personal insurance.
- Personal expenses.
After receiving your reservation and deposit, we’ll send you a pre-trip planner with general information about the area you’ll be visiting, a packing list, exercise guidelines, a guest information questionnaire and a liability release agreement for you to sign and return within 10 days.