North America Vacations
Alberta | Life is Good Adventure | Family
Wildlife, wilderness and wildflowers in and around Banff, Jasper and Lake Louise
6 days / 5 nights
Activity LevelActivity levels are subjective depending on your general level of fitness and your experience; however, all of our trips are self-paced.
Discover the wide open spaces of the Canadian Rockies on this action-packed small group adventure through Banff and Jasper national parks. This signature Life is Good Canadian Rockies Vacation features Austin’s best-in-class standard for adventure travel, as well as our award-winning service. Our expert guides can’t wait to introduce you to the awe-inspiring backdrops of four of the most majestic national parks in the world. Walk atop the Athabasca Glacier on a stop along the Icefields Parkway where glaciers snake their way down from mountain peaks on all sides. Raft class III and IV rapids on the Kicking Horse river. Hike up to a grand vista of the Valley of Ten Peaks on Sentinel Pass above the shockingly turquoise waters of Moraine Lake. Enjoy fabulous local cuisine before heading back to curl up with a glass of wine in your cozy chalet. The balance of adventure and quiet grandeur will inspire both laugh-out-loud joy and inner peace.
Soaring, jagged peaks, crystalline glacial lakes, alpine meadows and countless species of wildlife set the perfect stage for your six-day Life is Good Banff to Jasper Vacation. This exclusive Banff Tour into the wild Canadian Rockies introduces you to the delicate interactions of humans with nature, leaving you with a profound sense of awe, tired muscles and invigorating passion for one of the West’s most magnificent destinations.
- Keep your eyes peeled for wolves, elk and bighorn sheep on a bike ride along the Bow Valley Parkway
- Explore limestone potholes and plunging waterfalls on a hike through Johnston Canyon
- Trek alongside tottering rock walls and soaring pinnacles on Sentinel Pass
- Tackle the Class III-IV whitewater rapids of Kicking Horse River
- Hike from the pristine shores of Lake Agnes to the Teahouse on Lake Louise
- Pick your way, crampons and all, to the top of Athabasca Glacier alongside one of Canada’s leading experts in mountain exploration
- Soak up the spectacular snow-capped Rocky Mountain scenery on a bike ride from Minnewanka Lake to Two Jack Lake
- Browse the internationally-acclaimed shops and galleries of Banff
- Kick back after a savory dinner and listen to the gurgle of Baker Creek from the porch of your cozy mountain chalet
A few more reasons why you've gotta go:
The solitude: On our Banff tour, you'll often be the only humans in sight for hours on end.
Sentinel Pass: This top-rated hike in the Canadian Rockies is not to be missed.
Perfect balance of luxury and adventure: With accommodations like the Banff Royal Canadian Lodge, indulge in ultimate relaxation and the best gourmet dining in Alberta with our Banff Vacation Package.
Calgary, Alberta YYC
Calgary, Alberta YYC
Bow Valley Parkway / Silverton Falls
Early morning pick-ups in Calgary • After a short welcome meeting, loosen up with your first bike ride • Bow Valley Parkway offers some of the best wildlife viewing and breathtaking panoramas in all of Banff National Park • Fuel up with a trailside picnic before hiking to beautiful Silverton Falls • Dinner tonight will be served at the Baker Creek Bistro • Relax for the rest of the night at the Baker Creek Chalet, your home for the next three nights
About Baker Creek Chalets
Nestled in a peaceful, wooded setting beside Baker Creek, this lodge and cabins blend magically into their surroundings, far from the bustle of Lake Louise.
Baker Creek is an intimate casual mountain resort consisting of log chalets, lodge suites, Bistro restaurant and a Heritage Executive Conference Centre. It is family owned and operated year round.
Moraine Lake / Consolation Lakes
Embark on a full-day hike over Sentinel Pass, rated one of the top hikes in Banff • Ascend from turquoise Moraine Lake past larch trees and alpine meadows to a delicious lunch • Take in spectacular vistas of Paradise Valley from nearly 8,900 feet atop the pass • Enjoy an amazing meal at Truffle Pigs tonight
Athabasca Glacier / Jasper National Park
Wake up early today for a scenic morning drive along the Icefield Parkway past numerous ice fields and glaciers • Arrive at Athabasca Glacier on the edge of Jasper National Park, where you’re outfitted in crampons and walking sticks • Spend the day hiking the glacier alongside a mountain guide, learning about its formation and the powerful way it shapes the land • Shuttle back to the Baker Creek Chalets for some R&R before tonight’s dinner
Kicking Horse River / Lake Louise
After a hearty breakfast, gear up for a new and exciting adventure as we shuttle to our put-in before tackling the rapids of the Kicking Horse River • After working up your appetite, indulge in a freshly prepared meal along the riverside • Spend the afternoon enjoying the splendor of Lake Louise • Learn about the lakeside hotel’s colorful history as you explore the inside of the Chateau Lake Louise • Hike the lakeshore trail and learn why the colors are so vibrantly turquoise • After your spectacular day, enjoy dinner at a local’s favorite as you explore Banff on your own tonight • Your home for the next two nights will be the beautiful Banff Royal Canadian Lodge
About the Banff Royal Canadian Lodge
Located in the heart of the mountain town, Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge is the quintessential Canadian lodge, with a distinctive Rundle Rock fireplace and walls covered in Canadian artwork.
The rooms are elegantly appointed with custom-made Canadian furnishings and Canadian artwork. The over-sized bathrooms have an Alberta granite topped vanity and full bathtub and shower. Considered one of Canada’s premiere national parks, Banff National Park has been designated a World Heritage Site, renowned for its majestic mountain ranges and pristine mountain lakes and forests.
Banff Springs / Minnewanka Lake / Two Jack Lake
This morning, jump back on your bike and enjoy a ride around the stunning Banff Springs Golf Course, nestled at the foot of the Canadian Rockies • An amazing picnic made by your guides will fuel you up for another spectacular bike • Pedal to Lake Minnewanka, Banff’s largest lake, and Two Jack Lake and take advantage of the awe-inspiring views as the mountains reflect off of the turquoise lake waters • Tick off a bucket list item and plunge into the glacial waters of Two Jack Lake! • Our farewell dinner will be served at the Evergreen Restaurant at the lodge tonight
Johnson Lake / Calgary
A short shuttle will bring us to our trailhead where we will have time for one more hike around Johnson Lake • Shuttle back to Calgary to be dropped off at the airport or your hotel for your departure home
** Trip itineraries are subject to change without notice due to road, weather and other factors outside of our control, for the safety and enjoyment of our guests, as deemed necessary and appropriate by Austin Adventures.
Arrival & Departure
Please plan on arriving at least one day prior to your trip departure. Day one of your itinerary starts at 8:00 or 8:20 am, depending on your hotel. Your trip ends with a drop-off at either the Calgary airport (1:00 pm) or your Calgary hotel (1:30 pm).
- Hiking: 3 to 12 miles per hike, easy to moderate terrain.
- Biking: 5 to 20 miles, easy to moderate terrain.
- Whitewater rafting: Class II-IV rapids, no experience necessary.
The hallmark of an Austin Adventures vacation is our exceptional dining. All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, refreshments and receptions, except one dinner on your own, are included as indicated by the itinerary. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner). Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities are not included in the trip price.
After receiving your reservation and deposit, we’ll send you a pre-trip planner with general information about the area you’ll be visiting, a packing list, exercise guidelines, a guest information questionnaire and a liability release agreement for you to sign and return within 10 days.
Included in the Trip Price
- Double occupancy rooms with private baths.
- All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, except one dinner on own your own, refreshments and receptions.
- Fully trained, first-aid certified professional guides and knowledgeable local partners.
- Bikes, helmets and other necessary equipment, all safe and well maintained.
- Vehicle support and land transportation during the trip.
- Austin Adventures T-shirt, water bottle, luggage tags and luggage service.
- Pre-departure and packing information.
- Incidental expenses such as taxes, dining and housekeeping gratuities, local partner and expert gratuities and national park entrance and permit fees.
Not Included in the Trip Price
- Gratuities to Austin Adventures guides.
- Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities.
- One dinner on your own.
- Pre-and post-trip accommodations and associated expenses.
- Air and land transportation to/from host cities.
- All types of personal insurance.
- Personal expenses.
- Activity levels are subjective depending on your general level of fitness and your experience; however, all of our trips are self-paced.1 Easy (1)
- Activity levels are subjective depending on your general level of fitness and your experience; however, all of our trips are self-paced.2 Moderately Easy (2)
Unsure if that adventure in that wild place is right for you? Austin Adventures guide Will Woods will assure you it is, but he’ll also tell you how that trip will change your life, how to prepare for it, and why you should never pass up an opportunity to see breathtaking scenery, do thrilling things, and meet new people. Born beneath the Canadian Rockies in Calgary, Alberta, Will turned his love of adventure into a profession and has spent nearly 20 years building and leading adventure trips for a variety of guests, who all seem to catch his passion for wild places.