Overnight: MV True North
Your "welcome aboard" the magnificent True North is in the pearling port of Broome.
- Embarkation is at 5:00 PM - time for a cocktail with your fellow adventurers before departing at approximately 6:30 PM
- Dinner is served shortly after leaving port for the overnight cruise to Yampi Sound
About the MV True North
The True North allows discerning adventurers to experience wilderness in surroundings more akin to one of the world's most exclusive hotels! Guests are able to take advantage of a number of lavish vantage points including a sundeck, a forward observation lounge, a ship's lounge and an alfresco bar. The ship's naturalist presents interpretative information on plasma screens and an internet cafe enables convenient communication with the outside world.
A popular venue on any North Star cruise, the lower deck dining room offers the ultimate in comfort and uninterrupted vista, large panoramic windows ensure that guests never miss any of the action, even when they are enjoying the finest in fine dining. All cabins feature stylish decor, en-suite facilities, in-house entertainment and satellite telephones. The Explorer Class staterooms and the River Class cabins offer king size beds that can be converted to singles and the Ocean Class twins feature roomy single beds.
Multiple expedition boats provide guests with greater opportunity to do what they want, when they want,” and to add yet another dimension to adventure, your cruise features an onboard helicopter! The purpose behind building the True North was to allow guests to explore the upper reaches of shallow river systems. You only need step out of your cabin to experience wilderness, and the latest in computer controlled motion stabilizers ensures a comfortable ride.
You may choose between 3 types of cabins:
- Explorer Class Stateroom: Located on the upper deck, Explorer Class cabins feature a king size double (that can be converted to singles) and a twin basin en-suite. Cabin size is 50 square feet. Other features include large panoramic windows, amenities fridge, in-cabin entertainment and satellite telephone.
- River Class Double: Located on the middle deck River Class cabins feature a king size double (that can be converted into singles) and en-suite. Cabin size is similar to Explorer Class. Other features include large panoramic windows, in-cabin entertainment and satellite telephone.
- Ocean Class Twin: Located on the lower deck - Ocean Class cabins feature roomy singles and en-suite. Cabin size is approximately 40 square feet. Other features include 2 portholes, in-cabin entertainment and satellite phone.