Additional Trip Information
Arrival & Departures
Please plan on arriving in El Calafate, Argentina early on Day One of your itinerary. Your trip ends with a drop-off in either El Calafate, Argentina or Punta Arenas, Chile at the airport or your post-trip hotel.
: 2 to 6-mile hikes, moderate to challenging terrain at altitude with options for more (or less)
difficult hikes in Torres del Paine Horseback riding:
A variety of short- and medium-length rides. No experience necessary Options at Nibepo Aike Estancia
Sheep shearing, sheep herding, riding skills demonstration, hiking, horseback riding Options at Hotel Las Torres
Scenic & short hikes, full day treks, horseback riding, zodiac tours
Enjoy a Patagonian sunset – hopefully with a delicious, local pisco sour in hand. Learn about glacier growth, retreat, and calving. See real gauchos in action. Trek into some of the most stunning landscapes on the planet – including a UNESCO World Heritage site. Delve into the world of regional Chilean and Argentinian wines. See the southernmost hideout of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Enjoy a small-town brew pub, or the town’s chocolateria – or, ideally, both! Ride a criollo horse the way gauchos do. Witness local sheep herding and sheering. Learn about how European immigrants came to start a new life in this rich and vibrant land, and how new generations have turned their hardworking farms into luxurious hotels. Taste succulent ‘crucified’ lamb grilled over a fire on traditional cross stakes. Come explore Chile and Argentina with the experts in adventure travel!
Austin Adventures guides are experienced facilitators and regional experts. They will take the time to explain the details of each activity, answer any questions, and demonstrate the use of all equipment. Each activity has been carefully planned to include options for all levels. Most importantly, your guides will help you select the distance that’s right for you.
The hallmark of an Austin Adventures vacation is our exceptional dining. All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, refreshments and receptions are included as indicated by itinerary. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner). Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities are not included in the trip price. Included in the Trip Price
Not Included in the Trip Price
- Double occupancy rooms with private baths.
- Meals as listed in itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner).
- Fully trained, first-aid certified professional guides and knowledgeable local partners.
- Vehicle support and land transportation during the trip.
- Austin Adventures T-shirt & luggage tags.
- Pre-departure and packing information.
- Incidental expenses such as taxes, dining and housekeeping gratuities, local partner and expert gratuities and national park entrance and permit fees.
- Gratuities to Austin Adventures guides.
- Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities.
- Pre-and post-trip accommodations and associated expenses.
- Air and land transportation to/from host cities.
- All types of personal insurance.
- Personal expenses.
After receiving your reservation and deposit, we’ll send you a pre-trip planner with general information about the area you’ll be visiting, a packing list, exercise guidelines, a guest information questionnaire and a liability release agreement for you to sign and return within 10 days.