Additional Trip Information
Arrival & Departures
On Day 1, arrive to San José International Airport where you will be picked up and transferred to Xandari Resort. On Day 7, you will transfer one hour from your hotel to Quepos Airport for a short charter flight to San José where you may choose to extend your stay in Costa Rica or fly out of the international airport in the afternoon.
– Easy to moderately strenuous hikes ranging from 1.5 to 3 miles (1 - 3 hours) through national parks and nature reserves. Horseback Riding
– Relaxed 2.5 hour ride overlooking Arenal Volcano and Lake. Canyoning
– Tour includes a short rappel, hanging bridge, zip line and mellow hike. Guides provide detailed instructions on how to use equipment. No experience necessary. Surfing
– No experience necessary, kid-friendly. Guides will provide detailed instructions. Boat Tour
- Sit back and relax as you and your guide search for wildlife among the mangroves of the Sierpe River. Discovery
– Costa Rica, a tiny country that forms the land bridge between North and South America, is almost too good to believe. Although slightly smaller than West Virginia, it boasts a world famous National Park system, unmatched flora (including over 3,000 species of wild orchids), world-class rivers, active volcanoes and more species of mammals and birds than the continental United States and Canada combined. Did you know that a sloth has a unique sort of fur that is a breeding ground for algae? (The algae help it blend in with its environment!) Could you have guessed that an armadillo is a good swimmer and can hold its breath for up to six minutes? Were you aware that when a number of howler monkeys let loose their lungs in concert, often at dawn or dusk, the din can be heard up to three miles away? Discover Marino Ballena National Park which is named after the Humpback Whales that migrate there each year from December to April to mate before returning to the frigid waters to the north. Come explore “The Crossroads of the Americas!” Our guides are experienced facilitators and regional experts. They will take the time to explain the details of each activity, answer any questions and demonstrate the use of all equipment. Each activity has been carefully planned to include options for all levels.
The hallmark of an Austin Adventures vacation is our exceptional dining. All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, refreshments and receptions are included as indicated by itinerary. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner). Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities are not included in the trip price. Included in the Trip Price
Not Included in the Trip Price
- Double occupancy rooms with private baths.
- Breakfasts, lunches and dinners as indicated by itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner).
- Fully trained, first-aid certified professional guides and knowledgeable local partners.
- Any necessary equipment – all safe and well maintained.
- Vehicle support and land transportation during the trip.
- Local flights on Day 4 & Day 7.
- Austin Adventures T-shirt and luggage tags.
- Pre-departure and packing information.
- Incidental expenses such as taxes, dining and housekeeping gratuities, local partner and expert gratuities and national park entrance and permit fees.
- Gratuities to Austin Adventures guides.
- Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities.
- Meals as not indicated by detailed daily itinerary.
- Pre-and post-trip accommodations and associated expenses.
- Air and land transportation to/from host cities.
- All types of personal insurance.
- Personal expenses.
After receiving your reservation and deposit, we’ll send you a pre-trip planner with general information about the area you’ll be visiting, a packing list, exercise guidelines, a guest information questionnaire and a liability release agreement for you to sign and return within 10 days.