Stop daydreaming and start planning your adventure today. Confirmed departure dates and rates are listed below. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Not finding what you're looking for? Over 33% of our itineraries are tailored to fit your group or family needs. Feel free to call one of our travel specialists for information on custom trips. Let us plan your next adventure of a lifetime!
*2018 trips at 2017 prices until Sept. 1, 2017
- 9 days/8 nights
- Next Departure: Dec 17, 2017
- From $3,698 / person
- ($1,280 single supplement)
- Dec 17, 2017
- Dec 21, 2017
- Mar 24, 2018
- Jun 11, 2018
- Dec 15, 2018
Recommended Travel Months
CALL (800) 575-1540 for details
Additional Trip Information
Arrival and Departure
Your trip begins with your arrival in San José at Costa Rica’s Juan Santamaría International Airport. After passing through Immigration, take the right hand side exit door and look for the Sun Tours representative who will direct you to customs. When you leave the building after clearing customs, look for a Sun Tours representative, who will be holding a sign that says “Costa Rica Sun Tours” with your name on it. Your guide will take you to the Hotel Bougainvillea.
After breakfast on Day 9, we take you to the airport in San Jose, 3 hours prior to your flight’s departure.
Hiking: Easy to moderately strenuous hikes ranging from 1 to 5 miles (1 to 4 hours) on birding excursions, village/city tours, national park treks and more.
River rafting: Class III and IV rapids on the Pacuare River. You will raft into the Rios Tropicales Lodge on Day 4 (1.5 hour trip) and raft out on Day 6 (3 hour trip).
Kayaking: Calm waters through Tortuguero canals, no experience necessary.
Canyoning: No experience necessary, guides inspect all equipment and provide detailed instruction.
Zip Line: No experience necessary, gear and instruction provided.
Snorkeling: No experience necessary, gear and instruction provided.
Biking: Optional easy beach bike ride on the afternoon of Day 7.
The hallmark of an Austin Adventures vacation is our exceptional dining. Meals are included as indicated in the daily itinerary. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner). Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities are not included in the trip price.
Included in Trip Price
- Double occupancy rooms with private baths.
- All breakfasts. Lunches and dinners as listed by day. Snacks along the route.
- Fully trained, first-aid certified, bilingual professional guides and knowledgeable local partners.
- Vehicle support and land transportation during the trip.
- Austin Adventures T-shirt & luggage tags.
- Pre-departure and packing information.
- Incidental expenses such as taxes, dining and housekeeping gratuities, local guide and expert gratuities.
Not Included in Trip Price
- Gratuities to Austin Adventures guides.
- Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities.
- Pre-and post-trip accommodations and associated expenses.
- Air and land transportation to/from host cities.
- Airport departure taxes.
- Extras in hotels (laundry, phone calls, room service, etc.)
- All types of personal insurance.
- Personal expenses.
Plan Your Next Adventure: