Additional Trip Information
Arrival & Departures
Prior to the trip, arrive at your own convenience in Split. On Day 1, we will meet you in the lobby of Hotel Park in Split at 7:30 a.m. (or at the ferry at 8:00 a.m. if you are staying at a different hotel). After a two-hour ferry ride to Stari Grad on Hvar Island, the cycling begins. After breakfast on Day 6, we take you to the hotel of your choice in Dubrovnik (2.5 hour transfer) or the Dubrovnik airport (3 hour transfer).
8-31 miles, moderate to challenging terrain. Walking/hiking
: 1-5 miles, easy to moderate terrain. Kayaking:
Calm waters, no experience necessary. Other activities
: Swimming, snorkeling, buggy driving, cooking class, wine tasting. Discovery:
Renowned for its crystal-clear coves, wooded islands, vineyard-clad hills and picturesque harbor towns, the Dalmatian Coast is an adventurer’s paradise. Explore the sun- drenched town of Split, a treasure trove where you can discover which walls date back to Roman times. Its palace was built for the Roman emperor Diocletian as a retirement home. Marvel at Hvar Town’s magnificent Venetian architecture, including the Arsenal which once served as a repair station for war galleons and in 1612 the Renaissance Theater was built on top of it. Sea kayak the peaceful waters around the Pakleni Otoci islands. Climb the historic walls of the ancient port city of Dubrovnik, which for so many centuries, was an independent republic and is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. If you look closely, you will discover damage from the mortar shells during the recent Yugoslavian civil war (1991-92). Austin Adventures guides are experienced facilitators and regional experts. They will take the time to explain the details of each activity, answer any questions, and demonstrate the use of all equipment. Each activity has been carefully planned to include options for all levels.
The hallmark of an Austin Adventures vacation is our exceptional dining. All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, refreshments and receptions are included as indicated by itinerary. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner). Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities are not included in the trip price. Included in Trip Price
Not Included in Trip Price
- Double occupancy rooms with private baths.
- All designated meals.
- Fully trained, first-aid certified, professional guides and knowledgeable local partners.
- All activities, ferry crossings, wine tastings, etc.
- Bikes, helmets and other necessary equipment - all safe and well maintained.
- Vehicle support and land transportation during the trip.
- Austin Adventures T-shirt, water bottle, luggage tags and luggage service.
- Pre-departure and packing information.
- Incidental expenses such as taxes, dining and housekeeping gratuities, local partner and expert gratuities and national park entrance and permit fees.
- Gratuities to Austin Adventures guides.
- Meals not designated.
- Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities.
- Pre-and post-trip accommodations and associated expenses.
- Air and land transportation to/from host cities.
- All types of personal insurance.
- Personal expenses.
After receiving your reservation and deposit, we’ll send you a pre-trip planner with general information about the area you’ll be visiting, a packing list, exercise guidelines, a guest information questionnaire and a liability release agreement for you to sign and return within 10 days.