Additional Trip Information
Please arrive in Quito no later than the evening prior to your trip (we recommend arriving a minimum of two nights to allow for potential flight delays and misconnection). You will fly from Quito or Guayaquil to the Galapagos Islands, arriving between 11:30 am and 1:30 pm to San Cristobal airport, depending on your flight schedule. Upon arrival at San Cristobal airport, you will be greeted and escorted by a Neotropic Expeditions representative. Your trip ends with a drop-off at the Baltra airport, on time for your flight back to the mainland. From Quito or Guayaquil, you can make your post trip connections.
Hiking: 1 to 5 miles per hike, easy to challenging terrain.
Snorkeling: Equipment provided, no experience necessary.
Discovery: The rugged volcanic landscape of the Galápagos Islands offers truly exceptional encounters with wildlife. Venture out each day with a skilled naturalist by boat, foot, or snorkel to witness an astounding variety of exotic creatures that have never learned to fear human contact. Your guides will also share with you the history of the pirates, whalers and early settlers who took refuge on the islands of the Galápagos. Discover a land created by volcanic activity where lava fields still dominate the landscape, ash pockets remain untouched, and black sand covers many beaches. Did you know that with over 560 native species, the Galapagos has over 180 endemic species, found nowhere else on the planet? Discover the differences between the diverse and unique ecosystems on and between the Islands. Learn to tell apart the land iguana and the less colorful, but equally impressive marine iguana. Listen to stories of Charles Darwin and the infamous Darwin finches whose evolutionary discoveries led to many present day scientific theories. Seek out the incredibly vibrant marine life of the Islands, keeping a watchful eye out for sharks, sea lions, starfish, turtles, and a wide array of colorful fish. Find out just how blue a blue-footed booby’s feet really are! Come explore the Galapagos Islands with the experts in adventure travel!
Our guides are experienced facilitators and regional experts. They will take the time to explain the details of each activity, answer any questions and demonstrate the use of all equipment. Each activity has been carefully planned to include options for all levels.
The hallmark of an Austin Adventures vacation is our exceptional dining. Meals are included as indicated in the daily itinerary. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner). Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities are not included in the trip price.
Included in Trip Price
- Double occupancy rooms with private baths.
- All meals as listed in detailed daily itinerary & soft drinks during meals.
- Private bilingual Galapagos naturalist guide.
- All snorkeling gear and equipment.
- Transport and guide from Galapagos airport to hotel and vice versa.
- Austin Adventures T-shirt & luggage tags.
- Pre-departure and packing information.
Not Included in Trip Price
- Entrance fee to Galapagos National Park ($100 International visitors). Must be paid in cash.
- Control Visitor Card ($20 per person). Must be paid in cash.
- Transportation Fee ($5 per person) from Itabaca Channel to Baltra or vice versa. Must be paid in cash.
- Air ticket to/from Galapagos (flight schedules / prices may vary).
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Pre-and post-trip accommodations and associated expenses.
- Air and land transportation to/from host cities.
- All types of personal insurance.
- Personal expenses.
After receiving your reservation and deposit, we’ll send you a pre-trip planner with general information about the area you’ll be visiting, a packing list, exercise guidelines, a guest information questionnaire and a liability release agreement for you to sign and return within 10 days.