Stop daydreaming and start planning your adventure today. Confirmed departure dates and rates are listed below. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Not finding what you're looking for? Over 33% of our itineraries are tailored to fit your group or family needs. Feel free to call one of our travel specialists for information on custom trips. Let us plan your next adventure of a lifetime!
- 7 days/6 nights
- Next Departure: Jun 23, 2019
- From $3,598 / person
- ($580 single supplement) Children: $3,238
- Jun 23, 2019 - Jun 29, 2019
- Sep 1, 2019 - Sep 7, 2019
Recommended Travel Months
CALL (800) 575-1540 for details
Additional Trip Information
Arrival and Departures Prior to the trip, arrive at your own convenience in Paris. On Day 1, we will meet you in the lobby of Grand Hotel Bedford (8th arrondissement) in Paris at 8:30 a.m. After a transfer to Blois, the cycling begins. After breakfast on Day 7, we take you to the airport, train station, or the hotel of your choice in Paris (three hour transfer).
- Day 1 bicycle mileage options: 17
- Day 4 bicycle mileage options: 21
- Day 5 bicycle mileage options: 23
- Day 6 bicycle mileage options: 17
- Day 2 walking tour Amboise 2 miles
- Day 4 walking tour Loches 5 miles
- Day 3 canoe 4 miles
- Day 5 kayak 4 miles (Family trip)
Discovery: In Amboise, marvel at the models of Leonardo da Vinci’s inventions at the Clos Lucé, where the master spent the last three years of his life. Walk in the footsteps of Joan of Arc when you explore Chinon, and hear how this courageous young girl was able to change the course of French history. Before heading out on the day the tour ends (and if time allows), spend some hours in Tours. There’s a lot to do in this lovely town of St. Martin, and it’s only an hour by TGV train to Paris (in which case we will transfer your luggage to your hotel in Paris). Austin Adventures guides are experienced facilitators and regional experts. They take the time to explain the local history and daily sightseeing and route options. Each route has been carefully planned to include options to please each traveler’s interests. Austin Adventures guides are available to help you select the distance that’s right for you and to offer advice and assistance as you desire.
The hallmark of an Austin Adventures vacation is our exceptional dining. All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, refreshments and receptions are included as indicated by itinerary. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner). Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities are not included in the trip price.
Included in Trip Price
- Double occupancy rooms with private baths.
- All breakfasts. Lunches and dinners as listed by day. Snacks along the route.
- Fully trained, first-aid certified professional guides and knowledgeable local partners.
- Bikes, helmets and other necessary equipment - all safe and well maintained.
- Vehicle support and land transportation during the trip.
- Austin Adventures T-shirt, water bottle, luggage tags and luggage service.
- Pre-departure and packing information.
- Incidental expenses such as taxes, dining and housekeeping gratuities, local guide and expert gratuities.
Not Included in Trip Price
- Gratuities to Austin Adventures guides.
- Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities.
- Pre-and post-trip accommodations and associated expenses.
- Air and land transportation to/from host cities.
- All types of personal insurance.
- Personal expenses.
After receiving your reservation and deposit, we’ll send you a pre-trip planner with general information about the area you’ll be visiting, a packing list, exercise guidelines, a guest information questionnaire and a liability release agreement for you to sign and return within 10 days.
Plan Your Next Adventure: