Additional Trip Information
Arrival & Departures
Please plan on arriving at least one day prior to your trip departure. Day one of your itinerary starts at 8:00 am or 8:15 am, depending on your hotel. Your trip ends with a drop-off at your Whitefish hotel (1:30 pm) or the Kalispell airport (2:00 pm).
4 to 12 miles per hike, moderate to challenging terrain; Day 2 hike to Iceberg Lake considered strenuous at 9.7 miles out-and-back with 1,275 feet elevation gain. Day 3 hike to Grinnell Glacier considered challenging at 12 miles out-and-back with 1,600 feet elevation gain. Biking:
11 to 31 miles per ride, moderate to challenging terrain. Bike ride over Going-to-the-Sun Road considered strenuous at 31 miles point to point; Begins with a 12 mile uphill and 2,200 feet of elevation gain; Ends with 19 miles of downhill and 3,380 feet of elevation loss. Road has narrow shoulder and is winding with many curves. Whitewater Rafting:
Class II-III, no experience necessary Discovery:
Glacier National Park is the world’s first International Peace Park and a UNESCO World Heritage site. Explore the park’s outstanding scenery and diverse flora and fauna with our expert guides. When you reach the top of Logan Pass on the infamous Going-to-the-Sun Road, imagine what this high point looks like buried under 80 feet of snow mid-winter…and then think about the amount of snow removal equipment required to plow this spectacular, winding two lane road – amazing! See for yourself why Iceberg Lake and the trail leading up to it are considered “crown jewels” of the Treasure State. Hunt for the hundreds of different wildflowers that reside in the park: Bear Grass, Lupine, Fireweed, and Indian Paintbrush are just a few of these colorful beauties you might come across. Learn about the Flathead Indian Reservation tribes: the Bitterroot Salish, Kootenai, and Pend d’Oreilles – all tribes whose histories intertwine to form the anthropological past of the Flathead Valley. Discover massive U-shaped valleys, cirque lakes, horns, cols, moraines, and arêtes in this glacially carved land. Come play in Big Sky Country! Austin Adventures guides are experienced facilitators and regional experts. They will take the time to explain the details of each activity, answer any question, and demonstrate the use of all equipment. Each activity has been carefully planned to include options for all levels. Most importantly, Austin Adventures guides will help you select the distance that’s right for you.
The hallmark of an Austin Adventures vacation is our exceptional dining. All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, refreshments and receptions - except one dinner on your own - are included as indicated by itinerary. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner). Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities are not included in the trip price. Included in the Trip Price
Not Included in the Trip Price
- Double occupancy rooms with private baths.
- All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners - except one dinner on own your own - refreshments and receptions.
- Fully trained, first-aid certified, professional guides and knowledgeable local partners.
- Bikes, helmets and other necessary equipment - all safe and well maintained.
- Vehicle support and land transportation during the trip.
- Austin Adventures T-shirt, water bottle, luggage tags and luggage service.
- Pre-departure and packing information.
- Incidental expenses such as taxes, dining and housekeeping gratuities, local partner and expert gratuities and national park entrance and permit fees.
- Gratuities to Austin Adventures guides.
- Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities.
- One dinner on your own.
- Pre-and post-trip accommodations and associated expenses.
- Air and land transportation to/from host cities.
- All types of personal insurance.
- Personal expenses.
After receiving your reservation and deposit, we’ll send you a pre-trip planner with general information about the area you’ll be visiting, a packing list, exercise guidelines, a guest information questionnaire and a liability release agreement for you to sign and return within 10 days.