Hiking: Easy to moderately strenuous hikes ranging from 1 to 5 miles along beaches or grassy tracks (which can get muddy).
Biking: Easy to moderately strenuous cycling routes ranging from 10 to 15 miles along quiet country roads or bike paths. Ireland WHB utilizes a fleet of hybrid, flat bar bicycles designed so you can ride faster on longer rides with stability and comfort.
Horseback Riding: Two-hour beginner horseback ride with professional guides who will provide instruction, safety tips and riding techniques.
Kayaking: Three-hour kayak trip on the calm, flat waters of Dingle Bay. Equipment and instruction provided by your guides.
Surfing: Half day beginner surfing excursion with professional surf instructor. Equipment and instruction provided for surfing lesson’s at the famous waves of Inch Strand. (There is an optional beach walk for those who don’t wish to try surfing).
Arrivals and Departures:
Day 1 Arrival / Pickup
You will be met at the Shannon Airport on Day 1 in accordance with your flight arrival time. Your guide will have an Austin Adventures signboard and will be waiting for you in the lobby arrivals area. It is a small airport so your guide will be easy to find. For guests arriving into Shannon for a pre-night stay, your guide will collect you from the reception area in the Bunratty Courtyard Bed & Breakfast at 3:00 pm for a briefing meeting, visit to Bunratty’s Folk Park, &and a first night’s medieval banquet celebration at the Bunratty Castle.
Day 8 Departure / Return Flight
After breakfast, your guides will transfer you two hours from Tralee to the Shannon Airport where you will arrive at least three hours prior to your departure time. Please make flights out of Shannon for 12:00 PM or later.
Included in the Trip Price
• Double occupancy rooms with private baths.
• All meals as listed in daily detailed itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner).
• Fully trained, first-aid certified professional guides and knowledgeable local partners.
• Bikes, helmets and other necessary equipment – all safe and well maintained.
• Vehicle support and land transportation during the trip.
• Austin Adventures T-shirt, luggage tags and luggage service.
• Pre-departure and packing information.
• Incidental expenses such as taxes, dining and housekeeping gratuities, local partner and expert gratuities and national park entrance and permit fees
Not Included in the Trip Price
• Gratuities to Austin Adventures guides.
• Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities.
• Meals as not designated in daily itinerary.
• Pre-and post-trip accommodations and associated expenses.
• Air and land transportation to/from host cities.
• All types of personal insurance.
• Personal expenses.
After receiving your reservation and deposit, we’ll send you a pre-trip planner with general information about the area you’ll be visiting, a packing list, exercise guidelines, a guest information questionnaire and a liability release agreement for you to sign and return within 10 days.