Stop daydreaming and start planning your adventure today. Confirmed departure dates and rates are listed below. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Not finding what you're looking for? Over 33% of our itineraries are tailored to fit your group or family needs. Feel free to call one of our travel specialists for information on custom trips. Let us plan your next adventure of a lifetime!
- 6 days/ 5 nights
- Next Departure: Jun 09, 2019
- From $3,398 / person
- ($680 single supplement)
- Jun 9, 2019 - Jun 14, 2019
- Jul 28, 2019 - Aug 2, 2019
- Sep 22, 2019 - Sep 27, 2019
Recommended Travel Months
CALL (800) 575-1540 for details
Additional Trip Information
Arrival & Departures
Prior to the trip, arrive at your own convenience in Verona. On Day 1, we will meet you in the lobby of the Grand Hotel in Verona at 8:30 a.m. A two hour transfer leaves us in Katharinaberg, where the hiking begins. After breakfast on Day 6, we take you to the airport, train station, or the hotel of your choice in Verona (1.5 hour transfer).
- Day 2 mileage options: 41 / 47
- Day 4 mileage options: 23 / 27
- Day 1 hike mileage options: 6 / 8
- Day 3 hike mileage options: 4 / 8 / 11
- Day 5 hike mileage options: 5 / 8
Just south of Austria lays sun-drenched South-Tyrol, a region of breathtaking beauty bordered by the Dolomite Mountains. The mountain landscape is dotted with fortified towns and opulent villas set amid robust vineyards, apple orchards and lush green pastures. Marvel at the well- preserved mummified remains of Ötzi, a 5,000-year-old Neolithic huntsman found beneath the ice of a glacier and preserved in a special refrigerated cell in the archaeological museum in Bolzano. Enjoy savory Austrian/Italian cuisine and luxuriate in one of Mother Nature’s most pleasurable playgrounds. Austin Adventures guides are experienced facilitators and regional experts. They will take the time to fit you to your bikes, explain the details of each ride and answer any questions. Each day your guides will help you choose the distance and route that is right for you.
The hallmark of an Austin Adventures vacation is our exceptional dining. All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, refreshments and receptions are included as indicated by itinerary. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner). Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities are not included in the trip price.
Included in Trip Price
- Double occupancy rooms with private baths.
- Fully trained, first-aid certified professional guides and knowledgeable local partners.
- All activities, ferry crossings, etc.
- All designated meals.
- Bikes, helmets and other necessary equipment - all safe and well maintained.
- Vehicle support and land transportation during the trip.
- Austin AdventuresT-shirt, water bottle, luggage tags and luggage service.
- Pre-departure and packing information.
- Incidental expenses such as taxes, dining and housekeeping gratuities, local guide and expert gratuities.
Not Included in Trip Price
- Gratuities to Austin Adventures guides.
- Meals not designated.
- Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities.
- Pre-and post-trip accommodations and associated expenses.
- Air and land transportation to/from host cities.
- All types of personal insurance.
- Personal expenses.
After receiving your reservation and deposit, we’ll send you a pre-trip planner with general information about the area you’ll be visiting, a packing list, exercise guidelines, a guest information questionnaire and a liability release agreement for you to sign and return within 10 days.
Plan Your Next Adventure:
With over 20-years of experience in the adventure travel industry, we've perfected the recipe for crafting award-winning small group trips and custom itineraries on all seven continents. On every departure, we aim to exceed your expectations with best-in-class service, expert guides and the finest in regional cuisine and accommodations. From first-time travelers to seasoned alumni, our guests agree that on each Austin Adventures journey , the hardest part truly is going home. We're happy to share that 99.26% of these travelers say they'd join us again...and again...and again. But don't take our word for it. Our guests say it best:
“To quote a famous bike touring company, "The toughest part is going home." ” Scott P., Seattle, WA
“Excellent trip and guides - superb trip. ” Richard P., Westminster, CO
“The best experience with our large family we could dream for! ” Nancy V., Pebble Beach, CA
“Ron made all the difference. The area is fantastic - active with a nice blend of Austria/German/Italian influence, history and cuisine. ” Cheri J., Boise, ID
“Couldn't have been more enjoyable! Fabulous ” Lisa K., Spokane, WA
Plan Your Next Adventure: