Additional Trip Information
Arrival & Departures
Please plan on arriving at least one day prior to your trip departure. Day one of your itinerary starts at 8:00 or 8:15 am, depending on your hotel. Your trip ends with a drop-off at either the Bozeman airport (12:00 pm) or your Bozeman hotel (12:30 pm).
2 to 6 miles per hike, easy to difficult terrain. Horseback Riding:
Easygoing walking pace, no experience necessary. (**250 lb weight limit) Whitewater Rafting:
Class I-III rapids, no experience necessary. Ziplining:
Gear and instruction provided.
No experience necessary (**260 lb weight limit) Discovery:
Unlock the mysteries of Yellowstone’s geyser basins. Wander your way along winding trails through Montana’s pristine backcountry, unlocking the secrets of the forest along the way. Scrutinize the pros and cons of wildfire in a lodgepole pine tree ecosystem. Search for moose, bears, wolves, and elk in the middle of a supervolcano’s massive caldera. Taste for yourself the tender juiciness of a Montana home grown beef filet mignon. Take in the beauty of North America’s largest high alpine lake, Yellowstone Lake and make sure to ask about why the lake trout are such a big problem. Listen to a rancher’s side of the story as you hear Martin or Jack Davis, fourth generation cowboys, explain how Yellowstone’s reintroduced wolves have affected their cattle population. Learn why Chico Hot Springs Resort is a favorite celebrity haunt. Discover for yourself this place they call Big Sky Country with the experts in adventure travel. Austin Adventures guides are experienced facilitators and regional experts. They will take the time to explain the details of each activity, answer any questions, and demonstrate the use of all equipment. Each activity has been carefully planned to include options for all levels. Most importantly, Austin Adventures guides will help you select the distance that’s right for you.
The hallmark of an Austin Adventures vacation is our exceptional dining. All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, refreshments and receptions - except one dinner on your own - are included as indicated by itinerary. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner). Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities are not included in the trip price. Included in the Trip Price
Not Included in the Trip Price
- Double occupancy rooms with private baths.
- All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners - except one dinner on own your own - refreshments and receptions.
- Fully trained, first-aid certified professional guides and knowledgeable local partners.
- Any other necessary equipment - safe and well maintained.
- Vehicle support and land transportation during the trip.
- Austin Adventures T-shirt, water bottle, luggage tags and luggage service.
- Pre-departure and packing information.
- Incidental expenses such as taxes, dining and housekeeping gratuities, local partner and expert gratuities and national park entrance and permit fees.
- Gratuities to Austin Adventures guides.
- Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities.
- One dinner on your own.
- Pre-and post-trip accommodations and associated expenses.
- Air and land transportation to/from host cities.
- All types of personal insurance.
- Personal expenses.
After receiving your reservation and deposit, we’ll send you a pre-trip planner with general information about the area you’ll be visiting, a packing list, exercise guidelines, a guest information questionnaire and a liability release agreement for you to sign and return within 10 days.