Additional Trip Information
Arrival and Departures
An Austin Adventures representative will meet you upon arrival at the Yangon airport. Upon clearing customs, transportation to the Belmond Governor's Residence will be provided. On Day 12 you will be transferred from the Belmond Governor's Residence to the Yangon airport according to your morning or afternoon flight schedule.
- Walking: 1 to 4 hour guided walking excursions to view pagodas, ruins, villages and beautiful scenery.
- Biking:10 to 15 miles on mostly flat, paved, backcountry roads with stops at local sites along the way. Surfaces can be uneven and at times a bit bumpy; your guide will demonstrate technique on how best to handle this terrain.
- Canoeing: 1 to 3 hour paddle excursion on the calm waters of Inle Lake.
- Boating: Sit back and relax as an experienced boatman maneuvers you around the Ayeyarwaddy River and Inle Lake.
Now is the time to visit this land of beauty, sprinkled with tiered pagodas, where the traditional ways of Asia live on and areas previously off-limits are opening up. Myanmar, a nation with well over 100 ethnic groups, has yet to be completely taken over by Western fashion – everywhere you’ll come across men wearing longyi, skirt-like sarongs, or women covered in thanakha, traditional make-up. Bask in a slower change of pace when you drift down the Ayeyarwaddy River via old river steamer or cruise amongst ancient ruins in your human-powered trishaw. Engage with friendly locals who display a gentle, humorous, inquisitive and passionate side not found many places in this world any longer. Explore the iconic sites around Mandalay winding through backroads and peaceful villages by bicycle. Walk amongst both the neglected and rehabilitated brick and stucco religious structures that dot the plains of the wonder that is Bagan. Discover Inle Lake, a seemingly vast silver sheet interspersed with island-bound Buddhist temples, floating gardens and stilt-house villages. Come experience Myanmar with the leaders in adventure travel! Your guides will take the time to explain the details of each activity, answer any questions and demonstrate the use of all equipment. Each activity has been carefully planned to include options for all levels. Most importantly, your guides will help you select the distance that’s right for you.
The hallmark of an Austin Adventures vacation is our exceptional dining. Most breakfasts and lunches are included in this itinerary. No dinners have been included. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner). Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities are not included in the trip price.
Our Partner : Khiri Travel
Austin Adventures is proudly offering this trip in conjunction with Khiri Travel. Khiri Travel was founded in 1993 and now has offices and specialist teams in Thailand, Myanmar, Indonesia, Sri Lanka and Indochina (Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos). Khiri prides itself in authentic connections, adaptability, and innovation and offers intimate, personalized travel experiences for any budget from Family Travel and Regional Highlights to Community-based Tourism and Discovery Excursions. Khiri aims to maximize the positive effects of tourism on individuals and local communities, while minimizing negative social, environmental and economic impacts. The company strongly advocates that sustainability is no longer a luxury, but a must-do so we can leave behind a world that is livable for our children. You'll find responsible travel practices at the core of all product development and operations. Khiri travel wants you to rave about your Asia experience and will be certain to provide a trip you'll always remember. Included in the Trip Price
Not Included in the Trip Price
- Double occupancy rooms with private baths.
- All meals as listed in daily detailed itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner).
- Fully trained, English-speaking professional guides and knowledgeable local partners.
- Bikes, helmets and other necessary equipment ”“ all safe and well maintained.
- Vehicle support and land transportation during the trip.
- All internal flights within Myanmar.
- Austin Adventures T-shirt, luggage tags and luggage service.
- Pre-departure and packing information.
- All entrance fees.
- Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities.
- Meals as not designated in daily itinerary.
- Visa fees and/or visa authorization.
- Hot air balloon trip over Bagan (optional).
- Pre-and post-trip accommodations and associated expenses.
- Air and land transportation to/from host cities.
- All types of personal insurance.
- Personal expenses.
After receiving your reservation and deposit, we’ll send you a pre-trip planner with general information about the area you’ll be visiting, a packing list, exercise guidelines, a guest information questionnaire and a liability release agreement for you to sign and return within 10 days.