Additional Trip Information
Your trip begins with your arrival in Managua at Nicaragua’s Augusto César Sandino International Airport. Your pick up time will coordinate with your flight information. After passing through Customs and Immigration, take the left hand side exit and you will see a Vapues Tours/Austin Adventures representative, who will be holding a sign that says your name on it. Your guide will take you to your first night’s hotel, Hotel Plaza Colón, about an hour’s drive away in Granada. Your trip ends with a drop-off at the Managua International Airport three hours before your flight departure.
Easy to moderate hikes ranging from 1 to 2.5 hours (approx. 1-3 miles). Sightseeing:
Enjoy the beautiful views at the top of Mombacho and Masaya volcanoes, in the city of Granada, and much more. Kayaking:
2 to 3 hour kayaking tour among the islands of Lake Nicaragua. Guided and no experience necessary. Zip Lining:
Flight between the treetops. Equipment provided and no experience necessary. “Other” activities:
Morgan’s Rock and San Juan del Sur have many activities to choose from ranging from snorkeling to whale watching to surfing (and much more!). These activities are not included in the trip price and are considered an extra cost. Discovery:
Nicaragua, “the Land of Lakes and Volcanoes” is the largest country in Central America and has the lowest population density. The name Nicaragua comes from a combination of two words, "nicarao" and "agua"; the Nicarao are the Indian tribe that was occupying the shores of Lake Nicaragua when the Spaniards arrived in the 1500's, and "Agua" is the Spanish word for water. Nicaragua's abundance of biologically significant and unique ecosystems contributes to its designation as a biodiversity hotspot. Walk the attractive streets of San Juan del Sur lined with charming homes and store fronts built of wood painted in vibrant colors. Visit the “Mouth of Hell” as you experience a hike through Masaya Volcano National Park, the first national park of Nicaragua. Explore Mombacho Volcano Nature Reserve, one of the 76 protected areas in Nicaragua with an active stratovolcano, which hasn’t shown any significant activity since its last eruption in 1570. Come explore Nicaragua with the experts in adventure travel! Vapues guides are experienced facilitators and regional experts. They will take the time to explain the details of each activity, answer any questions and demonstrate the use of all equipment. Each activity has been carefully planned to include options for all levels. Most importantly, your guides will help you select the distance that’s right for you.
The hallmark of an Austin Adventures vacation is our exceptional dining. Meals are included as indicated in the daily itinerary. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner). Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities are not included in the trip price. Included in the Trip Price
Not Included in the Trip Price
- Double occupancy rooms with private baths.
- Meals as indicated by detailed itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner).
- English-speaking, professional tour guide during guided tours.
- All transfers and transportation during the trip.
- All entrance fees for the visits as per description.
- Water on board for transfers and excursions.
- Austin Adventures T-shirt, luggage tags, and luggage tags.
- Pre-departure and packing information.
- Gratuities to Austin Adventures/Vapues Tours guides/drivers.
- Tips for chamber maids, bellboys and local guides.
- Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities.
- Meals not listed in itinerary.
- Tourist card entering Nicaragua (US $10.00 –subject to change).
- Extra activities at Morgan’s Rock.
- Pre-and post-trip accommodations and associated expenses.
- Air and land transportation to/from host cities.
- All types of personal insurance.
- Personal expenses.
After receiving your reservation and deposit, we’ll send you a pre-trip planner with general information about the area you’ll be visiting, a packing list, exercise guidelines, a guest information questionnaire and a liability release agreement for you to sign and return within 10 days.