Stop daydreaming and start planning your adventure today. Confirmed departure dates and rates are listed below. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Not finding what you're looking for? Over 33% of our itineraries are tailored to fit your group or family needs. Feel free to call one of our travel specialists for information on custom trips. Let us plan your next adventure of a lifetime!
- 7 days/6 nights
- Next Departure: Dec 24, 2018
- From $2,898 / person
- (varies single supplement)
- Dec 24, 2018
- Mar 31, 2019 - Apr 6, 2019
- Jul 20, 2019 - Jul 26, 2019
Recommended Travel Months
CALL (800) 575-1540 for details
Additional Trip Information
Arrival/Departure Your trip begins with your arrival in Managua at Nicaragua’s Augusto César Sandino International Airport. Your pick up time will coordinate with your flight information. After passing through Customs and Immigration, take the left hand side exit and you will see a Vapues Tours/Austin Adventures representative, who will be holding a sign that says your name on it. Your guide will take you to your first night’s hotel, Hotel Plaza Colón, about an hour’s drive away in Granada. Your trip ends with a drop-off at the Managua International Airport three hours before your flight departure.
Activities Hiking: Easy to moderate hikes ranging from 1 to 2.5 hours (approx. 1-3 miles). Sightseeing: Enjoy the beautiful views at the top of Mombacho and Masaya volcanoes, in the city of Granada, and much more. Kayaking: 2 to 3 hour kayaking tour among the islands of Lake Nicaragua. Guided and no experience necessary. Zip Lining: Flight between the treetops. Equipment provided and no experience necessary. “Other” activities: Morgan’s Rock and San Juan del Sur have many activities to choose from ranging from snorkeling to whale watching to surfing (and much more!). These activities are not included in the trip price and are considered an extra cost. Discovery: Nicaragua, “the Land of Lakes and Volcanoes” is the largest country in Central America and has the lowest population density. The name Nicaragua comes from a combination of two words, "nicarao" and "agua"; the Nicarao are the Indian tribe that was occupying the shores of Lake Nicaragua when the Spaniards arrived in the 1500's, and "Agua" is the Spanish word for water. Nicaragua's abundance of biologically significant and unique ecosystems contributes to its designation as a biodiversity hotspot. Walk the attractive streets of San Juan del Sur lined with charming homes and store fronts built of wood painted in vibrant colors. Visit the “Mouth of Hell” as you experience a hike through Masaya Volcano National Park, the first national park of Nicaragua. Explore Mombacho Volcano Nature Reserve, one of the 76 protected areas in Nicaragua with an active stratovolcano, which hasn’t shown any significant activity since its last eruption in 1570. Come explore Nicaragua with the experts in adventure travel! Vapues guides are experienced facilitators and regional experts. They will take the time to explain the details of each activity, answer any questions and demonstrate the use of all equipment. Each activity has been carefully planned to include options for all levels. Most importantly, your guides will help you select the distance that’s right for you.
Meals The hallmark of an Austin Adventures vacation is our exceptional dining. Meals are included as indicated in the daily itinerary. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner). Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities are not included in the trip price. Included in the Trip Price • Double occupancy rooms with private baths.
• Meals as indicated by detailed daily itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner).
• English-speaking, professional tour guide during guided tours.
• All transfers and transportation during the trip.
• Austin Adventures T-shirt & luggage tags.
• Pre-departure and packing information.
• All entrance fees for the visits as per description.
• Water on board for transfers and excursions.
• Map of Nicaragua and travel documentation with useful information. Not Included in the Trip Price • Gratuities to Austin Adventures/Vapues Tours guides/drivers.
• Tips for chamber maids, bellboys and local guides.
• Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities.
• Meals not listed in itinerary.
• Tourist Card entering Nicaragua (US $10.00 – subject to change).
• Extra activities at Morgan’s Rock.
• Pre-and post-trip accommodations and associated expenses.
• Extras in hotels (laundry, phone calls, room service, etc.)
• All types of personal insurance.
• Personal expenses. Pre-departure Information After receiving your reservation and deposit, we’ll send you a pre-trip planner with general information about the area you’ll be visiting, a packing list, exercise guidelines, a guest information questionnaire and a liability release agreement for you to sign and return within 10 days.
Plan Your Next Adventure:
With over 20-years of experience in the adventure travel industry, we've perfected the recipe for crafting award-winning small group trips and custom itineraries on all seven continents. On every departure, we aim to exceed your expectations with best-in-class service, expert guides and the finest in regional cuisine and accommodations. From first-time travelers to seasoned alumni, our guests agree that on each Austin Adventures journey , the hardest part truly is going home. We're happy to share that 99.26% of these travelers say they'd join us again...and again...and again. But don't take our word for it. Our guests say it best:
“This was one of my favorite trips. The planning and creativity of our guide and your staff made it unforgettable. ” Mark G., New York, NY
“Wonderful trip, felt like family. Where to next? ” Peter S., New York, NY
“I loved that our tour was in the heart of the city, and also the beautiful remote settings! ” Cory B., Manlius, NY
“Since there were just two of us we could be flexible! Everything was perfect. And our guide was amazing. ” David H., Billings, MT
Plan Your Next Adventure: