Stop daydreaming and start planning your adventure today. Confirmed departure dates and rates are listed below. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Not finding what you're looking for? Over 33% of our itineraries are tailored to fit your group or family needs. Feel free to call one of our travel specialists for information on custom trips. Let us plan your next adventure of a lifetime!
- 6 days/5 nights
- Next Departure: Aug 11, 2019
- From $2,998 / person
- ($580 single supplement)
- Aug 11, 2019 - Aug 16, 2019
- Aug 18, 2019 - Aug 23, 2019
- Aug 25, 2019 - Aug 30, 2019
- Sep 1, 2019 - Sep 6, 2019
Recommended Travel Months
CALL (800) 575-1540 for details
Additional Trip Information
Please plan on arriving at least one day prior to your trip departure. Day one of your itinerary starts at 8:15 am at the Courtyard Marriott in Medford. Your trip ends with a drop-off at either the Medford airport (12:00 pm) or your Medford hotel (12:30 pm).
2 to 4 miles per hike, easy to strenuous in difficulty depending on trail. Sometimes multiple hikes will be done in a day. Biking:
Up to 11 miles, easy to moderate in difficulty. Whitewater Rafting:
Class II – IV rapids, no experience necessary. Safety tips and paddling instruction provided by professional river guide. Crater Lake Boat Tour:
Must be able to “hike” down and then back up the equivalent of 70 flights of stairs to get to the boat dock. Discovery:
This trip highlights beautiful Crater Lake, the deepest lake in the United States with a maximum depth of 1,932 feet. The lake was formed after the collapse of an ancient volcano, posthumously named Mount Mazama, which violently erupted approximately 7,700 years ago. That eruption was 42 times as powerful as the 1980 eruption of Mt. St. Helens! Did you know that there were no fish in clean, clear, cold Crater Lake until they were introduced by humans? Today rainbow trout and kokanee salmon still survive within the depths. Check out Oregon Shakespeare Festival, making sure to catch a live performance in one of the three theaters on campus. Raft the exciting class III and IV whitewater of the Rogue River, making sure to learn of the controversies surrounding dam building and removal dating back to over a century. Experience the Oregon Caves nestled deep inside the Siskiyou Mountains. Come explore “the Beaver state” with the experts in adventure travel! Austin Adventures guides are experienced facilitators and regional experts. They will take the time to explain the details of each activity, answer any questions, and demonstrate the use of all equipment. Each activity has been carefully planned to include options for all levels. Most importantly, Austin Adventures guides will help you select the distance that’s right for you
The hallmark of an Austin Adventures vacation is our exceptional dining. All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, refreshments and receptions, except one dinner on your own, are included as indicated by itinerary. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner). Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities are not included in the trip price. Included in Trip Price
Not Included in Trip Price
- Double occupancy rooms with private baths.
- All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, refreshments and receptions - except one dinner on own your own.
- Fully trained, first-aid certified professional guides and knowledgeable local partners.
- Any necessary equipment, all safe and well maintained.
- Vehicle support and land transportation during the trip.
- Austin Adventures T-shirt, water bottle, luggage tags and luggage service.
- Pre-departure and packing information.
- Incidental expenses such as taxes, dining and housekeeping gratuities, local partner and expert gratuities and national park entrance and permit fees.
- Gratuities to Austin Adventures guides.
- Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities.
- One dinner during your trip.
- Pre-and post-trip accommodations and associated expenses.
- Air and land transportation to/from host cities.
- All types of personal insurance.
- Personal expenses.
Plan Your Next Adventure:
With over 20-years of experience in the adventure travel industry, we've perfected the recipe for crafting award-winning small group trips and custom itineraries on all seven continents. On every departure, we aim to exceed your expectations with best-in-class service, expert guides and the finest in regional cuisine and accommodations. From first-time travelers to seasoned alumni, our guests agree that on each Austin Adventures journey , the hardest part truly is going home. We're happy to share that 99.26% of these travelers say they'd join us again...and again...and again. But don't take our word for it. Our guests say it best:
“Great guides, accommodations and restaurants. ” Stephen V., Philadelphia, PA
“Imagine a day that starts by exploring the caves in a hidden gem of the national park system and ends with a gourmet dinner before enjoying a wonderful play under the stars. ” Julie A., Alexandria, VA
“Great guides, really learned a lot about Oregon and Crater Lake. ” William E., Saegertown, PA
Plan Your Next Adventure: