Stop daydreaming and start planning your adventure today. Confirmed departure dates and rates are listed below. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Not finding what you're looking for? Over 33% of our itineraries are tailored to fit your group or family needs. Feel free to call one of our travel specialists for information on custom trips. Let us plan your next adventure of a lifetime!
- 5 days/4 nights
- Next Departure: Call (800) 575-1540
- From Call for Pricing / person
Recommended Travel Months
CALL (800) 575-1540 for details
Additional Trip Information
Arrival & Departure
Arrive to Cusco at least one to two days prior to Day 1 of your trek, and transfer to your pre-trip hotel on your own (we recommend arriving several days in advance to adjust to the high elevation). Your briefing for your Inca Trail trek will take place at 7:00 PM in the lobby of your hotel the night before you depart for the Inca Trail. On Day 5 of your adventure, you will visit Machu Picchu, enjoy lunch on your own and transfer by train back to Ollantaytambo. Guests will then be transferred by private vehicle back to your hotel in Cusco. We recommend you book your flight out of Cusco for the day after your visit to Machu Picchu.
- Day 1: Km 82 to Huayllabamba: 6.8 miles / 6 hours approximately
- Day 2: Huayllabamba to Pacaymayo: 4.3 miles / 7 hours approximately
- Day 3: Pacaymayo to Phuyupatamarca: 3.1 miles / 5 hours approximately
- Day 4: Phuyupatarmarca to Machu Picchu: 5.5 miles / 7 hours approximately
Crowned by the towering Andes and tucked between the Amazon and the Pacific, Peru offers a captivating mix of adventure, nature and history. Embedded in every active traveler’s Top Ten List is the great city of the clouds, Machu Picchu. Our route takes us there from bustling Lima, to the cobblestone streets of Cusco, from ruin to ruin across the Sacred Valley, and by train and breathtaking footpath over the Inca Trail. Catch a glimpse of the Andean Condor, a vulture with the largest wingspan of any land bird – 10.5 feet! Discover the colorful street markets, friendly people, and strong local culture of Cusco, the historic capital of the Inca empire. Photograph the myriad of mysterious archaeological sites along the Inca Trail, half covered by forest overgrowth just awaiting your discovery. Delight in traditional Peruvian dishes prepared by your expert cooking team in the kitchen tent each evening. Did you know that Machu Picchu is called “The Lost City” because when it was “rediscovered” by Yale explorer Hiram Bingham III in 1911, the jungle had literally swallowed the complex ruins? Even a knife blade can’t be inserted between the precise mortarless joints of the stones used in the building of Machu Picchu, and many of these stones weighed more than 50 tons! Come explore Peru with the experts in adventure travel! Your guides will take the time to explain the details of each activity, answer any questions and demonstrate the use of all equipment. Each activity has been carefully planned to include options for all levels. Most importantly, your guides will help you select the distance that’s right for you.
The hallmark of an Austin Adventures vacation is our exceptional dining. Meals are included as indicated by the itinerary. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner). One glass of Peruvian wine per night is included in the trip price.
Our Partner – Apumayo Expediciones
Austin Adventures is proudly offering this trip in conjunction with Apumayo Expediciones. Apumayo, a local Peruvian company based in the City of Cusco, was established in 1995. Specializing in adventure travel and non-conventional tourism, the company combines tourism with cultural, educational and natural history. Apumayo Expediciones describes itself as a commercial venture with a strong environmental and social agenda, developing and supporting many projects such as river clean ups and supporting Andean community projects. Apumayo looks to host many of their adventure trips with help from the local communities of Peru and relates them with Inca culture and the daily life of the Andean people. Austin Adventures and Apumayo look forward to providing you with top notch customer service in some of Peru’s most beautiful and inspiring places
Included in Trip Price
- Double occupancy rooms with private baths & deluxe tent camping accommodations with necessary gear (two-person tent, inflatable beds, sheets, pillows, duvets, toilet tent, towels, portable shower, etc).
- Meals as listed in detailed daily itinerary.
- Fully trained, bilingual, professional guide(s) and knowledgeable local partners.
- Land transportation (vehicles, buses, and trains) during the trip.
- Austin Adventures T-shirt & luggage tags.
- Duffle bags for personal luggage on Inca Trail (20 pounds per person).
- Porters throughout the Inca Trail trek.
- Some alcoholic beverages like local wine, Pisco, champagne, beer, and sodas (on Inca Trail portion).
- Pre-departure and packing information.
- Incidental expenses such as taxes, dining and housekeeping gratuities, & local partner and expert gratuities.
- Entrance fees to attractions in Lima, Cusco, Sacred Valley, Inca Trail, Machu Picchu, & Huaynapicchu.
Not Included in Trip Price
- Flights from Lima-Cusco-Lima (approximately $500 per person, depending on availability).
- Guide gratuities.
- Meals not indicated in detailed daily itinerary.
- Pre-and post-trip accommodations and associated expenses.
- Air and land transportation to/from host cities.
- All types of personal insurance.
- Personal expenses.
After receiving your reservation and deposit, we’ll send you a pre-trip planner with general information about the area you’ll be visiting, a packing list, exercise guidelines, a guest information questionnaire and a liability release agreement for you to sign and return within 10 days.
Plan Your Next Adventure:
With over 20-years of experience in the adventure travel industry, we've perfected the recipe for crafting award-winning small group trips and custom itineraries on all seven continents. On every departure, we aim to exceed your expectations with best-in-class service, expert guides and the finest in regional cuisine and accommodations. From first-time travelers to seasoned alumni, our guests agree that on each Austin Adventures journey , the hardest part truly is going home. We're happy to share that 99.26% of these travelers say they'd join us again...and again...and again. But don't take our word for it. Our guests say it best:
“First class from beginning to end - no detail is forgotten! ” Eric M., Springfield, OH
“Very well organized. No detail left to chance. Warm trip leaders. Fun experience ” Tim J., Green Bay, WI
“It was a whirlwind of movement and experiences ” Chris Y, Houston, TX
Plan Your Next Adventure: