Additional Trip Information
Arrival & Departures
Please plan on arriving early on the day of your trip departure (or, to be safe, at least one day prior to your trip departure). Day one of your itinerary starts at Edinburgh Airport, depending on your arrival time, or from your Edinburgh hotel. Your trip ends with a drop-off at either the Edinburgh Airport or your Edinburgh hotel.
Moderately strenuous hiking with variable options from four to ten miles and up to 2,380 feet elevation gain Options at Loch Lomond Arms:
If you have time (and for an additional fee), you can enjoy the Carrick Spa, with sauna, steam room, aroma bath, indoor swimming pool and rooftop infinity pool. Play golf at The Carrick, one of Scotland’s most breathtaking golf courses. Tour Loch Lomond by speedboat – or luxury motorboat, take a guided hike of the national park, or soar to new heights with a helicopter scenic tour. Discovery:
Learn how highland scotch is distilled – and how to taste it. Hike the battlefields where Red Coats and Jacobites clashed. Canoe a loch and explore an ancient loch dwelling. Explore castle ruins and learn their history. Hike to ancient burial cairns and standing stones. Celebrate the life of the famed revolutionary knight Sir William Wallace. Learn of Scotland’s modern history and engineering feats. Explore the cobbled streets and hidden alleyways of Edinburgh’s historic Old Town. Walk the Royal Mile from the modern Scottish Parliament Building at one end to the imposing Edinburgh Castle at the other. Austin Adventures guides are experienced facilitators and regional experts. They will take the time to explain the details of each activity, answer any questions, and demonstrate the use of all equipment. Each activity has been carefully planned to include options for all levels. Most importantly, your guides will help you select the distance that’s right for you.
The hallmark of an Austin Adventures vacation is our exceptional dining. All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, refreshments and receptions are included as indicated by itinerary. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner). Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities are not included in the trip price. Included in the Trip Price
Not Included in the Trip Price
- Double occupancy rooms with private baths.
- Meals as listed in detailed itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner).
- Fully trained, first-aid certified professional guides and knowledgeable local partners.
- Any necessary equipment – all safe and well maintained.
- Vehicle support and land transportation during the trip.
- Austin Adventures T-shirt and luggage tags.
- Pre-departure and packing information.
- Incidental expenses such as taxes, dining and housekeeping gratuities, local partner and expert gratuities and national park entrance and permit fees.
- Gratuities to Austin Adventures guides.
- Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities.
- Pre-and post-trip accommodations and associated expenses.
- Air and land transportation to/from host cities.
- All types of personal insurance.
- Personal expenses.
After receiving your reservation and deposit, we’ll send you a pre-trip planner with general information about the area you’ll be visiting, a packing list, exercise guidelines, a guest information questionnaire and a liability release agreement for you to sign and return within 10 days.