Additional Trip Information
Arrival & Departures
Prior to the trip, arrive at your own convenience in Barcelona. On Day 1, we will meet you in the lobby of Hotel Jazz in Barcelona at 8:30 a.m. After a transfer to Pantà de Sau, the fun begins with a kayak trip on the lake. After breakfast on Day 7, we take you to the airport, train station, or the hotel of your choice in Barcelona (two hour transfer).
Day 1: Kayaking, hiking
Day 2: Hot-air ballooning (optional), hiking
Day 3: Bicycle mileage options: 18 / 25 / 34
Day 4: Walking, Segway, rowing, swimming
Day 5: Bicycle mileage options: 25 / 32 / 40
Day 6: Boating, snorkeling, bicycle mileage options: 14 / 20
Discovery: Living among volcanoes is part of everyday life for the locals in Olot, the city being located in the Natural Park of the Volcanic Area of La Garrotxa. There are four volcanoes within the town limits. Kiss the ‘Cul de la Lleona’ to guarantee your return to Girona. Explore the parade of ceramics stores lining the main road in La Bisbal. Nearby Ullastret is one of the best preserved Iberian settlements, where remains of the walls, gates, silos, and other elements, most dating to the 3rd century BC have been excavated. Try a Copa de Cava, Catalonia’s bubbly beverage. Austin Adventures guides are experienced facilitators and regional experts. They will take the time to fit you to your bikes, explain the details of each ride and answer any questions. Each day your guides will help you choose the distance and route that is right for you.
The hallmark of an Austin Adventures vacation is our exceptional dining. All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, refreshments and receptions are included as indicated by itinerary. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner). Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities are not included in the trip price.
Included in Trip Price
- Double occupancy rooms with private baths.
- All meals: breakfasts, lunches, dinners as indicated by itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner).
- Fully trained, first-aid certified professional guides and knowledgeable local partners.
- Bikes, helmets and other necessary equipment - all safe and well maintained.
- Vehicle support and land transportation during the trip.
- Austin Adventures T-shirt, water bottle, luggage tags and luggage service.
- Pre-departure and packing information.
- Incidental expenses such as taxes, dining and housekeeping gratuities, local partner and expert gratuities and national park entrance and permit fees.
Not Included in Trip Price
- Gratuities to Austin Adventures guides.
- Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities.
- Meals as not indicated by detailed daily itinerary.
- Pre-and post-trip accommodations and associated expenses.
- Air and land transportation to/from host cities.
- All types of personal insurance.
- Personal expenses.
After receiving your reservation and deposit, we’ll send you a pre-trip planner with general information about the area you’ll be visiting, a packing list, exercise guidelines, a guest information questionnaire and a liability release agreement for you to sign and return within 10 days.