Arrival and Departures
An Austin Adventures representative will meet you upon arrival at the Colombo’s Bandaranaike International Airport. Upon clearing customs, transportation to the The Wallawwa Hotel will be provided. On Day 13 you will be transferred from the Galle Face Hotel to the Colombo Airport in accordance with your morning or afternoon flight schedule.
Walking – 1 to 4 hour guided walking excursions to view temples, city splendors, historical sites, ruins and UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Wildlife Safari – Morning, evening and/or full day safaris to seek out Sri Lanka’s exotic creatures by boat or jeep in Gal Oya and Yala National Parks.
Discovery – Everlasting ruins, welcoming locals, boundless beaches, oodles of elephants, cheap prices, savory food and famous tea all describe Sri Lanka. Few countries have as many UNESCO World Heritage Sites in such a tiny area. Sri Lanka’s 2000-plus years of history and culture can be revealed at ancient sites where renowned temples boast defining details. Across the island, that sound you heard in the middle of the night might have been an elephant heading to its favorite waterhole. Head out on safari in Sri Lanka’s pleasantly laid-back national parks to encounter leopards, water buffalo, all manner of birds and a profusion of primates. When it’s time to leave the tropical climate of the lowlands and coast, head for the hills, with their temperate, impossibly green charms. Fertile tea plantations and rainforest-covered mountains entice trekkers, sightseers and those who just want to see it from the patio of their comfortable hotel. And then there are the beaches. Often deserted and spectacularly white, they circle the island so that no matter where you go, you’ll be close to a sandy jewel. Should you be able to leave your beach towel, you can swim and snorkel world class sites without world-class crowds. Come experience Sri Lanka with the leaders in adventure travel.
Your guides will take the time to explain the details of each activity, answer any questions and demonstrate the use of all equipment. Each activity has been carefully planned to include options for all levels. Most importantly, your guides will help you select the distance that’s right for you.
Meals- The hallmark of an Austin Adventures vacation is our exceptional dining. Meals are included as indicated in the daily itinerary. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner). Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities are not included in the trip price.
Included in the Trip Price
- Double occupancy rooms with private baths.
- All meals as listed in daily detailed itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner).
- Fully trained, English-speaking professional guides and knowledgeable local partners.
- Any necessary equipment – all safe and well maintained.
- Vehicle support and land transportation during the trip.
- Austin Adventures T-shirt, luggage tags and luggage service.
- Pre-departure and packing information.
- All entrance fees and boat fees as mentioned.
Not Included in the Trip Price
- All drinks and related gratuities.
- Meals as not designated in daily itinerary.
- Visa fees and/or visa authorization.
- Pre-and post-trip accommodations and associated expenses.
- Air and land transportation to/from host cities.
- All types of personal insurance.
- Personal expenses