Additional Trip Information
Arrival & Departure
An Austin Adventures representative will meet you upon arrival at the Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport. Upon clearing customs, transportation to the Siam Hotel will be provided. On Day 14 you will be transferred from your Krabi hotel to the Krabi Airport for your flight to Bangkok (routed through Chiang Mai). From Bangkok, connect with your onward flights.
1 to 4 hour guided walking excursions to view forests, markets, temples, ruins, national park trails, wildlife and city splendors. Biking:
10 to 15 miles on quiet paved back roads/sidewalks or countryside dirt road with stops at local sites along the way. Surfaces can be uneven and at times a bit bumpy; your guide will demonstrate technique on how best to handle this terrain. Sea Kayaking:
Half day paddling excursion to view the mangrove forest called Ao Thalane. Paddling instruction provided, no experience necessary. Discovery:
Welcoming and fun-loving, cultured and historic, tropical and exotic, Thailand radiates a golden hue from its dazzling temples and sandy beaches to the ever-shining Thai smile. Explore Bangkok, the “City of Angels” with its multifaceted personality of air-conditioned mega malls alongside 200-year-old village homes; glittering Buddhist temples side-by-side with neon-lit restaurants; and slow moving traffic jams bypassed by long-tail boats plying the royal river. Take a look back in time in the city of Sukhothai (Rising of Happiness), a Kingdom that flourished from the mid-13th century to the late 14th century which was often viewed as the golden age of Thai civilization. Keep an eye out for elephants, gaur, barking deer, gibbons and hornbills in Thailand’s oldest reserve, Khao Yai National Park. Relax on the white sandy beaches of several of the 150 islands of Krabi, known for its impossibly angular limestone karsts curving along the coast like a giant fortress. Come experience Thailand with the leaders in adventure travel. Your guides will take the time to explain the details of each activity, answer any questions and demonstrate the use of all equipment. Each activity has been carefully planned to include options for all levels. Most importantly, your guides will help you select the distance that’s right for you.
The hallmark of an Austin Adventures vacation is our exceptional dining. Meals are included as indicated in the daily itinerary. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner). Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities are not included in the trip price. Included in Trip Price
- Double occupancy rooms with private baths.
- All meals as listed in daily detailed itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner).
- Fully trained, English-speaking professional guides and knowledgeable local partners.
- Bikes, helmets and other necessary equipment – all safe and well maintained.
- Vehicle support and land transportation during the trip.
- Austin Adventures T-shirt, luggage tags and luggage service.
- Pre-departure and packing information.
- All entrance fees.
Not Included in Trip Price
- Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities.
- Meals as not designated in daily itinerary.
- Visa fees and/or visa authorization.
- All internal flights within Thailand.
- Pre-and post-trip accommodations and associated expenses.
- Air and land transportation to/from host cities.
- All types of personal insurance.
- Personal expenses.
After receiving your reservation and deposit, we’ll send you a pre-trip planner with general information about the area you’ll be visiting, a packing list, exercise guidelines, a guest information questionnaire and a liability release agreement for you to sign and return within 10 days.