Additional Trip Information
Arrival & Departures
Please plan on arriving at least one day prior to your trip departure. Day one of your itinerary starts at 6:00 am or 6:15 am, with a pickup from your pre-designated Seattle hotel. Your trip ends with a drop-off at either the Seattle airport (4:00 pm) or your Seattle hotel (4:30 pm).
1 to 5 miles, easy to moderate terrain Biking:
5 to 20 miles, moderate rolling hills on quiet, backcountry roads Kayaking:
Calm waters, no experience necessary Whale watching:
Take a boat ride to observe the orcas of the San Juan Islands and their habits Discovery:
Discover the best of all worlds – spectacular scenery, a rich diversity of wildlife and some of the best wining and dining the Pacific Northwest has to offer on this six-day San Juan Island adventure. Find out for yourself why the San Juan Islands are a destination for peacefulness and relaxation. Listen as your guide explains the intriguing history of the Lime Kiln Park Lighthouse, the last lighthouse in Washington to receive electricity. Perfect your expertise on breaching, spyhopping, and lob-tailing as you keep a watchful eye out for killer whales in the rolling ocean waves. Find out why entering Moran Mansion is like taking a step back in time with its rich mahogany paneling, earthen tone tiles, stain glass lighting, and unique fireplace hearths. Explore the diverse landscape of mountains, wooded countryside and spectacular vistas at Orcas Island. Come visit this paradise of 172 islands, San Juan. All guides are experienced facilitators and regional experts. They will take the time to explain the details of each activity, answer any questions, and demonstrate the use of all equipment. Each activity has been carefully planned to include options for all levels. Most importantly, your guides will help you select the distance that’s right for you.
The hallmark of an Austin Adventures vacation is our exceptional dining. All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, refreshments and receptions, except one dinner on your own, are included as indicated by itinerary. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D= Dinner). Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities are not included in the trip price. Included in the Trip Price
Not Included in the Trip Price
- Double occupancy rooms with private baths. Rooms often accommodate 3 or 4 people.
- All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, except one dinner on own your own, refreshments and receptions.
- Fully trained, first-aid certified professional guides and knowledgeable local partners.
- Bikes, helmets and other necessary equipment, all safe and well maintained.
- Vehicle support and land transportation during the trip.
- Austin Adventures T-shirt, water bottle, luggage tags and luggage service.
- Pre-departure and packing information.
- Incidental expenses such as taxes, dining and housekeeping gratuities, local partner and expert gratuities and national park entrance and permit fees.
- Gratuities to Austin Adventures guides.
- Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities.
- One dinner on your own.
- Pre-and post-trip accommodations and associated expenses.
- Air and land transportation to/from host cities.
- All types of personal insurance.
- Personal expenses.
After receiving your reservation and deposit, we’ll send you a pre-trip planner with general information about the area you’ll be visiting, a packing list, exercise guidelines, a guest information questionnaire and a liability release agreement for you to sign and return within 10 days.