Additional Trip Information
Arrival & Departures
Please plan on arriving at least one day prior to your trip departure. Day one of your itinerary starts at 8:00 or 8:15 am, depending on your hotel. Your trip ends with a drop off at either the Jackson airport (12:00 pm) or your Jackson hotel (12:30 pm).
Hiking: 1 – 3 miles per hike, easy to moderate terrain, multiple hikes may be done in a day
Biking: 11 to 15 miles per ride, easy to moderate terrain
Whitewater rafting: Class II - III rapids, no experience necessary
Kayaking/Canoeing: No experience necessary, guides will provide instruction
Discovery: Learn the geological differences between Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. Hear both sides of the debate concerning the migration patterns of bison from Yellowstone Park. Have you ever spotted a moose in Moose, WY? Have you heard the splash of a geyser’s eruption as its water crashes to the ground? Did you know that “hole” was the term for “valley” used by fur trappers during the late 1800’s, and Davey Jackson helped settle the Tetons area, hence the name “Jackson Hole.” Investigate for yourself the difference between Yellowstone’s four geothermal features: spouting geysers, steaming hot springs, hissing fumaroles, and bubbling mud pots. Stare 1,000 feet down into the V-shaped gorge of the red, pink, yellow, and orange splashed walls of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone River. Search for grizzly bears, bison, elk, pronghorn, and coyotes in the rolling, sagebrush-dotted hills of Hayden Valley. Soak up the beauty of the Cathedral Group: Nez Perce, Middle Teton, Grand Teton, Mount Owen, and Teewinot as you pedal along one of Jackson’s many bike paths. Come discover the fun to be had in the Cowboy State with the leaders in adventure travel!
Austin Adventures guides are experienced facilitators and regional experts. They will take the time to explain the details of each activity, answer any questions, and demonstrate the use of all equipment. Each activity has been carefully planned to include options for all levels. Most importantly, your guides will help you select the distance that’s right for you.
The hallmark of an Austin Adventures vacation is our exceptional dining. All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, refreshments and receptions, except one dinner on your own, are included as indicated by itinerary. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner). Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities are not included in the trip price.
Included in Trip Price
- Double occupancy rooms with private baths.
- All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, refreshments and receptions - except one dinner on own your own.
- Fully trained, first-aid certified professional guides and knowledgeable local partners.
- Bikes, helmets and other necessary equipment - all safe and well maintained.
- Vehicle support and land transportation during the trip.
- Austin Adventures T-shirt, water bottle, luggage tags and luggage service.
- Pre-departure and packing information.
- Incidental expenses such as taxes, dining and housekeeping gratuities, local partner and expert gratuities and national park entrance and permit fees.
Not Included in Trip Price
- Gratuities to Austin Adventures guides.
- Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities.
- One dinner during your trip.
- Pre-and post-trip accommodations and associated expenses.
- Air and land transportation to/from host cities.
- All types of personal insurance.
- Personal expenses.
After receiving your reservation and deposit, we’ll send you a pre-trip planner with general information about the area you’ll be visiting, a packing list, exercise guidelines, a guest information questionnaire and a liability release agreement for you to sign and return within 10 days.