Additional Trip Information
Please plan on arriving at least one day prior to your trip departure. Day one of your itinerary starts at 8:00 or 8:15 am, depending on your hotel. Your trip ends with a drop off at either the Jackson airport (12:00 pm) or your Jackson hotel (12:30 pm).
Hiking: 1 – 3 miles per hike, easy to moderate terrain, multiple hikes may be done in a day
Biking: 12 to 15 miles per ride, easy to moderate terrain
Whitewater rafting: Class II - III rapids, no experience necessary.
Kayaking/Canoeing: No experience necessary, guides will provide instruction.
Discovery: Learn the geological differences between Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. Hear both sides of the debate concerning the migration patterns of bison from Yellowstone Park. Walk the towering six story lobby of the largest log lodge in the world, the Old Faithful Inn, built under the watchful eyes of 29-year-old architect, Robert Reamer over 100 years ago! Soak up the beauty of the massive granite Teton Range and its famous Cathedral Group: Nez Perce, Middle Teton, Grand Teton, Mount Owen, and Teewinot. Take in the grandeur of North America’s largest high alpine lake, Lake Yellowstone, with a backdrop of the jagged Absaroka Mountain Range. Keep on the lookout for bears, bison, elk and wolves as you cruise through scenic Hayden Valley in Yellowstone National Park. Listen to the wind whistle through Yellowstone’s lodgepole pine forests as you witness the comeback the tall young trees have made after the wildfires of 1988. Search for the countless varieties of wildflowers in the open meadows: lupine, columbine, arrowleaf balsamroot, and Indian paintbrush are just a few of the beauties you’ll find trailside. Come discover for yourself the fun to be had in the Cowboy State with the experts in adventure travel!
Austin Adventures guides are experienced facilitators and regional experts. They will take the time to explain the details of each activity, answer any questions, and demonstrate the use of all equipment. Each activity has been carefully planned to include options for all levels. Most importantly, your guides will help you select the distance that’s right for you.
The hallmark of an Austin Adventures vacation is our exceptional dining. All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, refreshments and receptions, except one dinner on your own, are included as indicated by itinerary. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner). Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities are not included in the trip price.
Included in the Trip Price
- Double occupancy rooms with private baths.
- All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, refreshments and receptions - except one dinner on own your own.
- Fully trained, first-aid certified professional guides and knowledgeable local partners.
- Bikes, helmets and other necessary equipment, all safe and well maintained.
- Vehicle support and land transportation during the trip.
- Austin Adventures T-shirt, water bottle, luggage tags and luggage service.
- Pre-departure and packing information.
- Incidental expenses such as taxes, dining and housekeeping gratuities, local partner and expert gratuities and national park entrance and permit fees.
Not Included in the Trip Price
- Gratuities to Austin Adventures guides.
- Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities.
- One dinner during your trip.
- Pre-and post-trip accommodations and associated expenses.
- Air and land transportation to/from host cities.
- All types of personal insurance.
- Personal expenses.
After receiving your reservation and deposit, we’ll send you a pre-trip planner with general information about the area you’ll be visiting, a packing list, exercise guidelines, a guest information questionnaire and a liability release agreement for you to sign and return within 10 days.