Additional Trip Information
Arrival & Departures
Please plan on arriving at least one day prior to your trip departure. Day one of your itinerary starts at 8:15 or 8:30 am, depending on your hotel. Your trip ends with a drop-off at either the Bozeman airport (12:00 pm) or your Bozeman hotel (12:30 pm). Please make flights for 1:30 PM or later.
Activities Zip lining:
No experience necessary, gear and instruction provided (**260 lb weight limit). Hiking:
2 to 4 miles per hike, easy to moderate terrain. Whitewater Rafting:
Class I-III rapids, no experience necessary. Horseback Riding:
Easy walking pace, no experience necessary (**250 lb weight limit). Discovery:
Learn the issues surrounding the reintroduction of the Grey Wolf into the American West through multiple perspectives. Explore the Yellowstone Caldera and witness the greatest concentration of geothermal features on the planet. Check off the wildlife on your list as you cruise through Hayden Valley on the lookout for bears, wolves, elk, bison, pronghorn, coyotes, bald eagles, and much, much more. Hear the many sounds surrounding you in the Upper Geyser Basin geothermal area: dripping, popping, gurgling, burping, and splashing are just a few noises that will delight your ears! “Walk on the moon” as you hike the white covered rock section of Wapiti Trail, listening for the hiss of a fumarole. Discover why wildfire is an important part of Yellowstone’s ecosystem and how its lodgepole pine forests are adapted to such extreme conditions. Parents, taste the delectable cuisine of Chico’s exquisite dining room, indulging in such dishes as the Beef Wellington, Gorgonzola Filet Mignon, or Ravioli Tosca while your kids experience an Austin Adventures style pizza/pool party. Stare 1,000 feet down at the frothing, whitewater of the almighty Yellowstone River in the V-shaped chasm of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. Come play in Big Sky Country in Montana and Wyoming with the experts in adventure travel! Austin Adventures guides are experienced facilitators and regional experts. They will take the time to explain the details of each activity, answer any questions and demonstrate the use of all equipment. Each activity has been carefully planned to include options for all levels. Most importantly, Austin Adventures guides will help you select the distance that’s right for you.
The hallmark of an Austin Adventures vacation is our exceptional dining. All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, refreshments and receptions - except one dinner on your own - are included as indicated by itinerary. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner). Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities are not included in the trip price. Included in Trip Price
Not Included in Trip Price
- Double occupancy rooms with private baths.
- All meals: breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, refreshments and receptions - except one dinner on own your own.
- Fully trained, first-aid certified professional guides and knowledgeable local partners.
- Any necessary equipment - all safe and well maintained.
- Vehicle support and land transportation during the trip.
- Austin Adventures T-shirt, water bottle, luggage tags and luggage service.
- Pre-departure and packing information.
- Incidental expenses such as taxes, dining and housekeeping gratuities, local partner and expert gratuities and national park entrance and permit fees.
- Gratuities to Austin Adventures guides.
- Alcoholic beverages and related gratuities.
- One dinner during your trip.
- Pre-and post-trip accommodations and associated expenses.
- Air and land transportation to/from host cities.
- All types of personal insurance.
- Personal expenses.
After receiving your reservation and deposit, we’ll send you a pre-trip planner with general information about the area you’ll be visiting, a packing list, exercise guidelines, a guest information questionnaire and a liability release agreement for you to sign and return within 10 days.