Canada: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
1) Value – The strong American dollar means now is the time to go to Canada if you want to get the most bang for your buck. As of March 3, 2015, 1 USD = 1.24 CAD.
2) Glaciers – Alberta is famous for its Columbia Icefield which is home to Athabasca Glacier, the most-visited glacier in North America. But in typical glacier fashion, it’s melting. See it before it recedes anymore! (Albeit, it’s probably only receding fractions of millimeters)
3) Skywalk – After opening in 2014, the Glacier Skywalk in the heart of the Canadian Rockies is back for its second season. Be among the first to walk above the birds while surrounded by jaw-dropping glaciers!
4) Flag Souvenirs – Canada’s flag, featuring the bright red maple leaf, turned 50 on February 15, 2015. Sing “O Canada” as you present a flag souvenir to the friends and family you had to leave at home.
5) Savings – Save $200 per adult by attending our FREE “Adventures in Alberta” webinar on Wednesday, March 4 at 6 p.m. ESTÂ and booking your Austin Adventures Alberta vacation by April 1, 2015.
1) Banff to Jasper Adult Vacation – Even if you’ve been to the American Rockies, it’s beyond worth experiencing its counterpart in Canada. The Canadian Rockies are home to the adventures found on this incredible itinerary that starts in the world renowned mountain town of Banff and winds its way up to Athabasca Glacier in Jasper National Park. Along the way, stop to raft the Kicking Horse River, hike the famous Lake Agnes Teahouse Trail and spot wildlife on a scenic bike ride from Minnewanka Lake to Two Jack Lake. Alberta is the perfect place to meet your multisport needs and make unforgettable, all natural, memories abroad.
2) Banff to Jasper Family Vacation – Families can find endless opportunities to have a blast and bond on an adventure vacation in Alberta. The Bow Valley Parkway is one of the country’s best bike routes, the Kananaskis River is perfect for an easy-going rafting trip and the Plain of 6 Glaciers is ideal for an all-day kid-friendly hike featuring breathtaking views of Lake Louise.
3) British Columbia Whistler Family Vacation – Canada’s westernmost province is where you’ll find the stunningly scenic Sea to Sky Highway that runs from Vancouver to Whistler. A family adventure vacation in British Columbia can include everything from rafting the mighty, glacier-fed Elaho River to hiking high up to the turquoise waters of the Joffre Lakes and biking around Whistler Valley. According to our Austin Adventures guides, a huge highlight of our family vacations is spending an afternoon visiting sites used during the 2010 Olympics. (The kids love being able to compete in a mini biathlon of sorts for the chance to win bragging rights!)
4) Custom Canada Vacation Packages – Don’t forget our skilled adventure travel consultants perfected the art of designing custom itineraries long ago. So, if you’re looking for an exclusive departure or need help planning your dream guided vacation to the Great White North, look no further. We can help with fine-tuning all the details of your trip whether it’s a honeymoon or family reunion. (Note, due to room availability and options, it’s best to start planning your Canada custom early, so don’t delay in reaching out to us if you know when you want to go!)
1) Best-in-Class – We’re partnered with the right people and places to make sure that your vacation is filled with enhanced experiences that no one else in the industry offers.
2) The “WOW” Factor – Coined by Austin Adventures alumni, “wows” are the added touches our guides are so good at using to pleasantly surprise our guests. From treats at the top of a mountain to presents waiting for you in your room, prepare for plenty of wows in Canada!
3) Life-Changing – We’re so convinced that our itineraries and service will blow you away we’re willing to offer a 100 % Money-Back Guarantee. If we weren’t so adept at delivering treasured memories, why else would 99.26% of guests who filled out a post-trip survey in the last six years indicate they would travel with us again?
1) Call us at 1-800-575-1540 to speak with a knowledgeable Adventure Travel Consultant who will gladly answer any questions and get you booked on your ultimate Canada adventure vacation.
2) Email any questions you may have to [email protected] for a friendly and prompt reply.
Remember, if you choose to travel with us in Canada, “the toughest part is going home!” (Note: This applies to all Austin Adventures vacations!)
Photos courtesy of Travel Alberta